hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Ben6899 said:

hopkinb said:

Ben6899 said:

'ternoon

Trellis arrived.
    Coconut matting arriving this afternoon.
    Jasmin being delivered at the weekend.

Trellis will need trimming to size.
    Affix matting to back of trellis.
    Erect trellis so we don't have to look at - or listen to - the neighbours.
    Train the jasmin over the trellis.

We had a jasmine delivered the other day. Smells gorgeous. Not got round to planting it yet.
    There's a lot round here and a really solid one in next door's back garden - on a summer day, with the breeze in the right direction, our kitchen is heady with its perfume. Wonderful.

Are you putting yours in the ground or in a pot? Ours will be in a pot (on the balcony).
    Its going to be in a deepish raised bed (with no bottom) trained up a fence.

We recently decked and paved the whole back garden (I'll never have to mow a lawn again!), but have built a lot of raised bed space and invested in some nice pots and planters which we are now filling up with a mixture of shrubs, roses, perennials, and cheerful annuals. Jasmine smells so good on a warm evening.
    Practical question Mr. H: where does the dog go for a leak/censored in your new grass-free back garden?
    There's 4 m² of gravel by the back gate, next to where the home office will be built in early August. Dog is happy to do its business there (she has no choice!). Nice and easy to pick up, and I hose it down when I do the plants. Pong free so far, even with the warm weather.
    Would never work in our house! Sometimes I have to take senior hound down the road to cr@p as often he won't even do it in the garden in the evenings.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,737
    Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Ben6899 said:

hopkinb said:

Ben6899 said:

'ternoon

Trellis arrived.

We had a jasmine delivered the other day. Smells gorgeous. Not got round to planting it yet.
    There's a lot round here and a really solid one in next door's back garden - on a summer day, with the breeze in the right direction, our kitchen is heady with its perfume. Wonderful.

Are you putting yours in the ground or in a pot? Ours will be in a pot (on the balcony).

We recently decked and paved the whole back garden (I'll never have to mow a lawn again!), but have built a lot of raised bed space and invested in some nice pots and planters which we are now filling up with a mixture of shrubs, roses, perennials, and cheerful annuals. Jasmine smells so good on a warm evening.
    Practical question Mr. H: where does the dog go for a leak/censored in your new grass-free back garden?
    There's 4 m² of gravel by the back gate, next to where the home office will be built in early August. Dog is happy to do its business there (she has no choice!). Nice and easy to pick up, and I hose it down when I do the plants. Pong free so far, even with the warm weather.
    Would never work in our house! Sometimes I have to take senior hound down the road to cr@p as often he won't even do it in the garden in the evenings.
    🤔 Hmmm, now who is taking who for a walk?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,732
    edited June 2020
    orraloon said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Ben6899 said:

hopkinb said:

Ben6899 said:

'ternoon

Trellis arrived.

🤔 Hmmm, now who is taking who for a walk?
    Fair point Loon, but he appreciates it and it gets me out the house and away from the random job dispenser for a little bit. Think of it this way: try locking your wife and your dog in separate car boots for 2 hours - then open the boots up and see who's more pleased to see you :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Ben6899 said:

hopkinb said:

Ben6899 said:

'ternoon

Trellis arrived.

So I thought with ours - soft ground only, but it turns out that if you need to go, you'll go, and the softest bit, furthest from the house, will be just fine.
  • hopkinb
    When did strava change? I'm not paying to see I'm faster than fools. (Imagine I'm the guy off the A team. Not a fat brummie).
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,460
    Ben6899 said:

'ternoon

Trellis arrived.

Trying to get my new Clematis to flourish. Didn't realise that there were so many different varieties. I chose a blue/white plant for a small wind break fence next to the bird table. I intend to put in an arch too.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno

oxoman said:

Wimps, 4 or 5 degrees then I'll put my longs back on. CBA with warmers to much faffing about.

Warm wimps though :)

He's probably like TLW in that he has a bit more 'insulation'.
  • pinno
    sungod said:

oxoman said:

Wimps, 4 or 5 degrees then I'll put my longs back on. CBA with warmers to much faffing about.

I have a penchant for French biscuits, fine cuisine and highly calorific beverages (avec gas) so i'm a little bit L :smiley:
    FTFY.
  • pinno
    hopkinb said:

When did strava change? I'm not paying to see I'm faster than fools. (Imagine I'm the guy off the A team. Not a fat brummie).

I suspect Strava thought your times were assisted 'cos you have so much powaaaa and post such quick speeds.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,887
    pinno said:

oxoman said:

Warm wimps though :)

He's probably like TLW in that he has a bit more 'insulation'.
    No need 😂
  • hopkinb
    pinno said:

hopkinb said:

I suspect Strava thought your times were assisted 'cos you have so much powaaaa and post such quick speeds.
    Heh heh. If only. They've changed their thing. You now have to pay to see leaderboards.
  • pinno
    edited June 2020
    hopkinb said:

pinno said:

hopkinb said:

Heh heh. If only. They've changed their thing. You now have to pay to see leaderboards.
    If only the cyclist masses were actually intelligent and collaborated and... didn't pay.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,571

Still debating whether to buy new frame and build a bike I don't need.

Do it, do it, doooooo it. Slam the stem and put some deep rims on it. Don't forget to post pics.

I know you can't slam it, I'm trying to make up for the lack of MFs :D
    With the stack and reach measurements on that frame I probably would be able to slam it. Just doesn’t have the same effect when it’s a 70mm stem and a flat handlebar... 😀

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    oxoman said:

Hidden motor and battery possibly. :o

DH sections (with tail wind). It's that mass and drag co-efficient thingy.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,887
    pinno said:

hopkinb said:

pinno said:

hopkinb said:

If only the cyclist masses were actually intelligent and collaborated and... didn't pay.
    Whose going to pay for the hosting?
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,571
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

hopkinb said:

pinno said:

hopkinb said:

Whose going to pay for the hosting?
    The runnists.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    ...and triathlists.

Maybe a sponsor commensurate with the brand like Germolene, Blisteze, epo-online.com.