what is this odd bit of plastic?

moonshine
moonshine Posts: 1,021
two of these odd bits of plastic were in with my Canyon Grail ... i can’t work out what the hell they are !
any ideas (before i bin them!!) ?
thanks

Comments

• johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    They're used to lock the brake levers at times where you'd prefer them to not move. I'd keep them - might be handy if you ever have a need to take both wheels off. You can also use a little plastic thing in between the brake pads but these are more secure.
  • moonshine
    johngti said:

They're used to lock the brake levers at times where you'd prefer them to not move. I'd keep them - might be handy if you ever have a need to take both wheels off. You can also use a little plastic thing in between the brake pads but these are more secure.

thank you! they had me really stumped!!! :smile:
  • dave27
    dave27 Posts: 35
    Any pictures of the Grail? My new one arrives Friday.
  • moonshine
    There you go!
    Think is the Grail AL, Bought as a commuter / winter bike to compliment my Cervélo C3 Ultegra Di2 good bike.
    I was disappointed the rack mounts had been removed from the 2020 frame. :'( Bad decision Canyon :(
    I went 2x11 as it will not be mainly for road usage. I've swapped the 2x11 chainset for my power2max 50/34 compact road chainset, and this required the GRX FD to be changed for a Ultegra FD
    Very happy with it

• dave27
    dave27 Posts: 35
    Nice thanks!