wednesday has emitted a closed timelike curve

'ning

sun has gone away, may do some work, or at least drink more coffee

ride, coffee, nyt, chat with old euro chum

got a 200 quid bung from amex centurion to use at a few retailers, bubbly or bubbly, that is the question
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, raining for a change, at least I won’t have to water the garden, looks like I will be back on the trainer today.

Sungod I would go for the bubbly

Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,868
    Not happy with this weather, will make tonight’s TT practice fun (QH thistle if you are interested). Before then work stuff, drop wife’s car off at the dealers and more work stuff
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    'ning

Went for a run this morning. Was nice being out despite the rain but both legs decided to fail after a couple of miles :disappointed:
    Still seem to be suffering from some sort of allergy, I hoped the rain would get rid of the pollen for a couple of days.
    Trying to WFH again and at least nobody's hassling me for unimportant things yet.
    tlw1 said:

Not happy with this weather, will make tonight’s TT practice fun (QH thistle if you are interested).

Not today sorry. Still in lockdown over here and I'm not riding there and back in the rain!
    CTT said they were going to issue another statement on Monday about resuming the season but nothing's happened.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,868

'ning

Went for a run this morning. Was nice being out despite the rain but both legs decided to fail after a couple of miles :disappointed:
    Still seem to be suffering from some sort of allergy, I hoped the rain would get rid of the pollen for a couple of days.
    Trying to WFH again and at least nobody's hassling me for unimportant things yet.

tlw1 said:

Not happy with this weather, will make tonight’s TT practice fun (QH thistle if you are interested).

Not today sorry. Still in lockdown over here and I'm not riding there and back in the rain!
    CTT said they were going to issue another statement on Monday about resuming the season but nothing's happened.
    If you don’t wear your skin suit it isn’t so obvious
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, slight drizzle in the air nothing major but sky is currently battleship grey so probably in for a soaking.
    Little roll around on the bike this morning, Mixture of my hospital stay and generally loosing weight I've managed to get into a Jersey I given so thats nice, probably looked like a proper moron in a Team GB top but I don't care.

Anyway log hunting later followed by some sitting at the local jump park with others to keep people off it, its currently closed but people keep turning up and riding it so rather than the land owners have to come in an bulldoze it again some of us are taking it in turns in groups to keep people off of it. Loads of signs up but they don't appear to read.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,317
    Morning folks,
    Grey and dull but I don't think the sky has been leaking yet. Another day of wfh with lots of tedium that needs to be dealt with. Still not sure what to do anout our holiday and we are supposed to leave in 3 weeks. Driving to Italy so no planes or mixing with plebs other than stopping for petrol, we can carry our own food and take turns driving rather than have an overnight stop. Once we get there we are in a villa on our own so no different to here. Friend's bar is open but with more space between tables outside and supermarkets are open. Then we may have to self quarantine for 14 days upon our return, but that's not much different to now anyway. Or do we delay and go in September? I suspect it will be busier then as others will do the same. Realyl should make a decision.
    sungod said:

got a 200 quid bung from amex centurion to use at a few retailers, bubbly or bubbly, that is the question

I've thought long and hard about this for you SG, in my considered opinion you should go for bubbly.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,494
    Grey and cool today but that's OK as I'm mostly indoors. May nip out at lunchtime to get some supplies from a place that doesn't take half an hour of queuing to get in.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod said:

Centurion eh? I think sir should be considering Krug MV at the very least.

No ride planned. Lots of work that can't be avoided.

Tchah.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,494
    hopkinb said:

sungod said:

Centurion eh? I think sir should be considering Krug MV at the very least.

No ride planned. Lots of work that can't be avoided.

Tchah.

Ah, the old Amex black card - very VTech :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Hmm, Wednesday already? Must pay attention.

Messed about in shed fixing up drop saw blade which was decidedly filthy and rough. Almost back to decent cutting edge. Might have to check calibration on it too, seemed to be a bit off last time I tried anything vaguely resembling precision work.

Took bouncy bike out for late afternoon fang round the local trail.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,341
    tlw1 said:

If you don’t wear your skin suit it isn’t so obvious

If he doesn't wear a skin suit - he'll turn out a 40 min 10.

200 doesn't get a decent hooker and blow, so bubbly.
    Well, that's what Hoppy said.

Grey and cool here. Got Porker#1 running :)
    I might be able to get on with some life now.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!