New bike, gears issue, help?

I replaced my old mountain bike with a new Cube Attention 29 from Wiggle yesterday. It came boxed up and partially assembled. I had to fix the handlebars and peddles to it.

I took it for a test ride last night and noticed a few issues.

1) the chain is noisy. Clicking in several gears. The change isn’t that smooth either.

2) some of the gears jump when I’m riding. Even on flats, not under load up hills.

3) the disk breaks seem soft with little stopping power and are nothing like my old bike’s disks.

I’m not the most technical minded with bikes and my local bike shop is shut so I can’t get advice or help.

Should this be easy to fix or do I need to contact wiggle? They were meant to have set the bike up for me prior to sending it out with me just having to install the two bits above. But it doesn’t feel set up right now.

Comments

• shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288
    Probably best if you post this in mountain biking but the gears sound like theyre not properly indexing. I don't know what set up that bike has but gears are usually very easily adjusted by tweaking the barrel adjuster behind the rear deraillieur. Youtube is your friend here. Can't help you with the brakes here as it could be so many things depending on the symptoms.
  • reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185
    Shifting on newly delivered bikes are rarely accurate and ready to go. Simple fine tune of barrel adjuster on shifter will fix the gear issue. The brake pads are new and need a ride to 'bed in' and after you should feel improved braking power.

As stated all the info can be found on YouTube and can be sorted by yourself easily.