Rear suspension upgrade what’s the best options?

Hi there peeps

I am looking to upgrade the rear suspension this year on a Norco fluid fs3 29er. Awesome bike as it is but the upgrade bug is hitting me again.
The rear shock measures 190 x 45 it is actually quite nice as it is but for trail riding I just want something with more feel.
Budget is open minded Prefer fox or rock shox ideally but as I have been away from riding for 15 years it has all changed lol cheers for any help

Comments

• steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,449
    You say you want more feel, could you be a bit more specific please.

Is it going through its travel too much? Wallowing? Packing down? Bobbing? Feels too hard or too soft?

What shock is it exactly?
  • Sorry I should have been a little more specific I am running a rock shox deluxe 190 x45 lovely shock really works but I want a lock out option for general road riding on the way to trails etc. And possible more tune ability
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,449
    Have you considered tuning the air spring? Easy to do. Read this:
    https://bikerumor.com/2014/10/30/bikerumor-suspension-setup-series-full-series-pdf-free-download/
  • Thanks mate but went full on to finish a build I had planned ended up with a Fox dps rear shock and then went and replaced the forks as well it is riding sweetly now thanks for the post