tuesday here come the drums here come the drums

2»

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    Stevo_666 said:

hopkinb said:

Most of the meetings I'm on, no one turns on their camera. Suits me.

Sounds like you need more attractive co-workers?
    He works at a beauty salon 😂
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149

So knocking me off didn't make him enough of a censored he has to act like one when dealing with me after the event as well.

I thought you had to give your name and address, the AA website says the same.
    I'd ring BC and tell them he's refusing to give he details and see what they suggest.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,547
    sitting outside a café, in the sun, with a coffee and nyt

a teeny bit of civilization
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686

Filling out the claim form from British Cycling last night I realised the driver had given mt the name and address of his insurers but not the policy number. The form also asked for his full address. I sent him a message asking for the missing information and he replied with the policy number and said he'd asked his insurers and that was the minimum information he was required to give me.
    So knocking me off didn't make him enough of a censored he has to act like one when dealing with me after the event as well.

What a p1sswheel!
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,496

Filling out the claim form from British Cycling last night I realised the driver had given mt the name and address of his insurers but not the policy number. The form also asked for his full address. I sent him a message asking for the missing information and he replied with the policy number and said he'd asked his insurers and that was the minimum information he was required to give me.

Press for maximum pay out.

And if you have his reg number, check if he's insured and MOT'd and grass him up if he isn't.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,318
    oxoman said:

Apparently it stops people turning up at individuals addresses want to beat people up.

Not something I considered until he started being difficult ;-)
    The form asks if any information is missing to give a reason why so I just put on their he wouldn't give it as he said he'd given the minimum allowable. When I sent the email through I asked if I should contact the police to get the information.
    I was reasonable and polite with him right from the very beginning, he didn't even get out of his car to see if I was alright. I had to go to him to get his phone number and he was a bit shaken up so I asked if he was alright, given that I had blood running down my face you think he'd be more concerned.
    When I rang to get his insurance details he didn't ask once how I was but wanted to get his point of view across. At that point I got a bit annoyed with him and told him that his actions had caused me a lot of pain and had broken my bike and that I would be claiming off him. The guy is a complete twunt obviously.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Got home from a "last of the sun" spin to discover Mrs H³ had baked a pineapple upside down cake. I wonder what our resident pineappleophile would make of it. It is quite delicious.

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,341
    hopkinb said:

Got home from a "last of the sun" spin to discover Mrs H³ had baked a pineapple upside down cake. I wonder what our resident pineappleophile would make of it. It is quite delicious.

He jizzed in his pants and passed out.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    hopkinb said:

Suits them too :)

Remind me that 95psi is far too ambitious for the local roads.

#boneyarse
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    pinno said:

hopkinb said:

#boneyarse
    95 psi? I'm surprised you are still in one piece.

Rear 85, front 80 here. 25mm tyres, fatter than you, roads are rutted, pitted and awful.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    hopkinb said:

Got home from a "last of the sun" spin to discover Mrs H³ had baked a pineapple upside down cake.

I was planning one of those (ride, not the cake) but lost motivation, then it went cloudy :disappointed:
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,547
    hopkinb said:

food of the gods
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,698

oxoman said:

Apparently it stops people turning up at individuals addresses want to beat people up.

The form asks if any information is missing to give a reason why so I just put on their he wouldn't give it as he said he'd given the minimum allowable. When I sent the email through I asked if I should contact the police to get the information.
    I was reasonable and polite with him right from the very beginning, he didn't even get out of his car to see if I was alright. I had to go to him to get his phone number and he was a bit shaken up so I asked if he was alright, given that I had blood running down my face you think he'd be more concerned.
    When I rang to get his insurance details he didn't ask once how I was but wanted to get his point of view across. At that point I got a bit annoyed with him and told him that his actions had caused me a lot of pain and had broken my bike and that I would be claiming off him. The guy is a complete twunt obviously.
    What a twonk. It's no good trying to be nice to some people veronese68, like Stevo_666 said "Press for maximum pay out."
    Milk him for all for all you can get, he deserves no less
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921

oxoman said:

What a twonk. It's no good trying to be nice to some people veronese68, like Stevo_666 said "Press for maximum pay out."
    You do realise that he isn't footing the bill, don't you?

• veronese68

oxoman said:

You do realise that he isn't footing the bill, don't you?

I'm just hoping his insurance goes up quite a bit and he might look next time, whilst karma is a nice idea I don't think there is any such thing.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    hopkinb said:

pinno said:

hopkinb said:

#boneyarse

Rear 85, front 80 here. 25mm tyres, fatter than you, roads are rutted, pitted and awful.
    Running lower pressure currently as both my track pumps have broken 😢
  • pinno
    edited June 2020
    tlw1 said:

hopkinb said:

pinno said:

hopkinb said:

#boneyarse

Rear 85, front 80 here. 25mm tyres, fatter than you...
    You are fatter than me but your tyres ain't - Vittoria's, 27c.
    tlw1 said:

...roads are rutted, pitted and awful.

Ha ha, I live in Jockland remember.

• Stevo_666
    I run 95 psi on my nice fat 28 Conti gatorskins. Seems to work OK in London?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    28s fat? I run lovely comfy 32s at 80psi on the green thing for road use, go bigger off road.
  • Stevo_666

28s fat? I run lovely comfy 32s at 80psi on the green thing for road use, go bigger off road.

I was the fattest on here until you trumped me :'(
  • veronese68
    Stevo_666 said:

Well I've not been able to get much exercise this week :D
    The red bike was on 23s so that would make my average 27.5 over those 2 if it makes you feel better. But if we add the average over all our bikes it will get complicated and I suspect you'd win.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Well I've not been able to get much exercise this week :D
    The red bike was on 23s so that would make my average 27.5 over those 2 if it makes you feel better. But if we add the average over all our bikes it will get complicated and I suspect you'd win.
    Fair point, my mountain bike tyres get measured in inches rather than millimetres, but if I convert them the Bruiser and 2 wheeled Panzer are on something like 65c's :)
  • pinno
    edited June 2020
    They say the noisiest thing around is 2 skeletons screwing on a corrugated tin roof but Stevo on a Hybrid running 95psi must come close :)
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

They say the noisiest thing around is 2 skeletons screwing on a corrugated tin roof but Stevo on a Hybrid running 95psi must come close :)

TBH I have a better way of waking up the neighbours :)