'ning

sunnywarm continues

ride, coffee, nyt, token wfh, bask

my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    edited June 2020
    Morning, sunny here , long may it last, so at long last I can go out officially hooray, bike ride, gardening, and a trip to tool station for some of those nice wera Allen keys
    Have a good week
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,144

Morning, sunny here , long may it last, so at long last I can go out officially hooray, bike ride, gardening, and a trip to tool station for some of those nice wera Allen keys
    Have a good week

I have a set like these, they are a different brand but look the same. I really like them.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007ZQ8F0O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_sqj1Eb4TJTRKY

WFH, first 5 day week in over 2 months.
    Might squeeze in a bike ride at some point depending on legs.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441

and a trip to tool station for some of those nice wera Allen keys
    Have a good week

I have a set like these, they are a different brand but look the same. I really like them.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007ZQ8F0O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_sqj1Eb4TJTRKY
    I have lost one of my wera Allen keys 4 mm some where, so I am replacing the full kit , oxoman the wera tooling takes a bit of beating in my opinion, and last forever or until you loose one :) as in my case
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Meh - work stuff and trying to have a rest day means no light at the end of the work stuff
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Monring, last few days of sunny niceness, weathers going to spiral later in the week, looking at rain an cool weather from Wednesday.

An I really think they should do those Wera keys in just single keys, I thought I'd lost my 2.5, had to buy a whole new set, months later I found the missing key. It's annoying but I guess two sets has its benefits?

LD, these are what your after
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wera-967SPKL-9BO-Multicolour-TX-key/dp/B00E8HM9N2/ref=sr_1_5?crid=EG84VV8EIG8X&dchild=1&keywords=wera+allen+key+set&qid=1590998612&s=diy&sprefix=wera+all,diy,170&sr=1-5

Had mine a few years not a single tear out or breakage and I do abuse them.
  • thistle_
    If you lose one just get a single one from somewhere and stick some heatshrink on it :wink:
    If you've already bought a second set then sell the heatshrinked set on eBay as "custom colours"
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Yeah, looks like the heating will be required later in the week. After the sunniest spring since about 1476, I wonder if we'll have the sh1ttiest summer since 1743.

Bit of work, bit of a ride, bit of a lurk. Hopefully will be back in the office a couple of days per week from next week.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    Almost 8 continuous weeks of beautiful weather so far. We need a bit of rain.
    Farmers need rain.

You just like the pretty colours LD. Bless.
    Me, I got Blue Point me.

Schooling with Shorty. Pedal later.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    Title = good song, always reminds me of that film 'American Werewolf in London'.

Could do with some rain here as well, grass has turned yellow already which usually only happens in July and August. Quiet-ish day on the work front so will catch up on some admin. Followed by a run and cider this evening.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,007
    Does anyone else think it's a coincidence that the unusually nice spell happened around a massive drop in air pollution?

HD enterprises is now fully open and we have people out earning me money again, thank god.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    pinno said:

Almost 8 continuous weeks of beautiful weather so far. We need a bit of rain.
    Farmers need rain.

You just like the pretty colours LD. Bless.
    Me, I got Blue Point me.

Schooling with Shorty. Pedal later.

Yeah nice day of steady light rain do the crops wonders

An I would need to find some bright green heatshrink Thistle, not too hard but would annoy me!
  • thistle_

Does anyone else think it's a coincidence that the unusually nice spell happened around a massive drop in air pollution?.

I was wondering the same, it might have knocked something off balance temporarily. Or it could just be a coincidence because we did get a lot of rain at the start of the year.
  • thistle_
    step83 said:

An I would need to find some bright green heatshrink Thistle, not too hard but would annoy me!

Like this or is it too pale?

Pinno probably has a green heat shrink pop-up shop somewhere.

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129

Does anyone else think it's a coincidence that the unusually nice spell happened around a massive drop in air pollution?

It's a nice thought isn't it? No more than that though I think. The wind has been from the East and South East much more than usual though, and this normally coincides with better weather as we don't get the Atlantic weather systems.

The lack of air pollution has been noticeable though, there's no 'orrible brownish rim on the horizon spoiling the blue sky. Traffic levels on my road back to near normal this morning, as I think a lot of the local schools went back, so it's straight back in the car for all the lazy fcukers.

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,561
    First official day of winter. Sunshine, quite mild. Chainsaw activity all morning, then splitting wedge and sledgehammer for a bit to sort out the bigger chunks.

Nice ride in the afternoon, usual trails.

Still faffing with one wheel to set up tubeless. All the others I've done have been a doddle, just this one rim won't seal. Can't decide if it's a cr@p tyre, valve or tape problem. Grrr.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674

Does anyone else think it's a coincidence that the unusually nice spell happened around a massive drop in air pollution?.

I was wondering the same, it might have knocked something off balance temporarily. Or it could just be a coincidence because we did get a lot of rain at the start of the year.
    Is down to where the jetstream is positioned relative to the dUK. We've been lucky. Imagine the mental chaos if we'd been subjected to constant rain and drizzle for the past 10 weeks.
  • thistle_
    orraloon said:

Is down to where the jetstream is positioned relative to the dUK. We've been lucky. Imagine the mental chaos if we'd been subjected to constant rain and drizzle for the past 10 weeks.
    People would have stayed in or at least closer to home and we could've lifted this lockdown sooner? :wink:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321

orraloon said:

People would have stayed in or at least closer to home and we could've lifted this lockdown sooner? :wink:
    There's Irony in there.

I have green heat shrink. I have many colours of heat shrink.
    I have all sizes of heat shrink. Where possible, re-wrapping of Porker wiring looms has been done with heat shrink.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    It ain't me, it ain't me....
    I know that's not the wrong one but it just came on as I was catching up on this after a busy day. Should really go to bed, just need to pop a few pills first. Back to wfh tomorrow.