saturday it's pineapples all the way down

'ning

ride, coffee, nyt, contemplate nature of reality while basking
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, another lovely morning, a bit cool with the easterly wind, bike ride, mow the lawns, relax ,bbq later
    Have a good weekend
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    Mmmm, fruit bowl currently has three pineapples, shall ensure I change that later.

Walk, run, maybe chainsaw but might be too warm, cider and maybe a bike ride too
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    oxoman said:

Morning All, decided to scratch an itch and did a pre breakfast half marathon. Now wishing I hadn't, the stupid things middle aged men get up to. Bright, sunny and warming up nicely. May ride later or drink beer not sure which.

Saturday mornings = lie in time. Not going to bed till 1.30am didn't help much though. Funny how time flies when the family decide the hounds need shaving on a Friday night.

Trip to a wooded part of the sticks to let the newly groomed dogs run around and chase squirrels/birds etc. Then maybe a few bits 'n' pieces followed by exercise and grog. Big decision is apple or grape based?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,353
    Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

Morning All, decided to scratch an itch and did a pre breakfast half marathon. Now wishing I hadn't, the stupid things middle aged men get up to. Bright, sunny and warming up nicely. May ride later or drink beer not sure which.

Saturday mornings = lie in time. Not going to bed till 1.30am didn't help much though. Funny how time flies when the family decide the hounds need shaving on a Friday night.

Trip to a wooded part of the sticks to let the newly groomed dogs run around and chase squirrels/birds etc. Then maybe a few bits 'n' pieces followed by exercise and grog. Big decision is apple or grape based?
    Ooooaaar or Bonjour, that is the question.

Me painting me. Bollox.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

Ooooaaar or Bonjour, that is the question.

Me painting me. Bollox.

Very philosphical. I suspect that a pint of cold 8.2% abv vintage cider might be quite appealing after a warm run :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    pinno said:

Me painting me Bollox.

It's easier if you wax them first. So I've been told.
  • Out at 6am for 70 hilly miles before the heat and the wind get too much.

Lots of R & R this afternoon.
  • Stevo_666

pinno said:

Me painting me Bollox.

It's easier if you wax them first. So I've been told.
    :D

What everyone wants to know is, what colour?
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    edited May 2020
    'Noon

Lie in, cleaning stuff, altering some furniture.

Might spend the rest of the day in the sun, not in the mood for exercise today.
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Stevo I'm afraid whilst your slaving away in the wk I shall be slobbing about. The beauty of working my shift pattern it's like part time work, throw in 4 days off I get 2wks off.😘

True, sitting on my arris, tapping a keyboard and delegating is tiring stuff :smile:
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    oxoman said:

Stevo I'm afraid whilst your slaving away in the wk I shall be slobbing about. The beauty of working my shift pattern it's like part time work, throw in 4 days off I get 2wks off.😘

Some of us have 52 weeks off a year.. :smiley:

Long lunch at friend's house up the road. Long walk late afternoon. Not much else.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Lurking in the cooler.part of the house until the sun goes down enough to allow opening the back doors.

Looking forward to dinner.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,690
    So you do a couple hours pootle ride with nervous newbie #1 Daughter, lovely and enjoyed by both in this incredible dUK weather, then decide to have an afternoon barbie, again luvverly, then by 7pm you have had the beers, the bottle of SB and opened the 2nd you know just for that 'last' glass...? Early night? Get up and out early doors Sunday morning for proper blast? Or end up well trolleyed?

Who can tell? If I'm still on here later then there's yer answer...
  • hopkinb
    Trolleyed, then early blast. Best of both worlds.
  • hopkinb

Lamb came out OK.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb said:

Trolleyed, then early blast. Best of both worlds.

There's no cure for a hangover like exercise, and if you're trolleyed, you'll be up at 5, sweating and shaking, so you may as well get on your bike, just don't forget your bottle.
  • hopkinb

As did the pommes fondant.
  • hopkinb
    Had sparrowgrass too. And a panful of onions cooked down with chicken stock, butter and a glass of white, whizzed and passed through a sieve.

Bit of effort, but worth it.
  • orraloon
    Looks well good Hb.

(Still here...)
  • orraloon
    Anyway, on the topic of 'trolleyed': many, many years ago working in Glasgow, eating in a hotel restaurant near the M8 Kingston Bridge, might have been a Post House, can't remember... Couple of waiters enter the room with one of those wheeled luggage trolleys with the big upright U shaped metal thing. Proceed to a nearby table, assist well pixxed punter onto his feet then onto the trolley, hold fast here Sir, then wheel him out. Chapeaux all round.

That'll do. Nite all. Got a proper blast ride beckoning...
  • Stevo_666
    Lightweight ;)

Tramp fuel drinking delayed here due to junior hound catching a pigeon in the garden. We had to rescue the pigeon, take it to the vets and clean up all the feathers off the lawn. Couldn't see any blood though so it might survive.
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

Lightweight ;)

Tramp fuel drinking delayed here due to junior hound catching a pigeon in the garden. We had to rescue the pigeon, take it to the vets and clean up all the feathers off the lawn. Couldn't see any blood though so it might survive.

It's a good job Hoppy wasn't in the locale else he would have cooked it.
  • pinno
    orraloon said:

Looks well good Hb.

(Still here...)

Looks raw.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

orraloon said:

Looks well good Hb.

(Still here...)

Looks raw.
    I was going to say a good vet could have that back on its feet again. But H3, you are wasted on tax - get your arris on Masterchef.
  • hopkinb
    pinno said:

orraloon said:

Looks well good Hb.

(Still here...)

Looks raw.
    Raw? You folk who have lived in Africa...

That's medium, where a cut with a bit of fat should be cooked so as to be juicy. Taken out at 56 degrees at the thickest part, comes up to 60 across the piece after a 15 minute rest.

Cooking good prime cut lamb or beef (or high quality pork) hotter than that is a waste of money.

Thats not to disparage delicious cheap cuts to be slow cooked though.
  • pinno
    edited May 2020
    hopkinb said:

pinno said:

orraloon said:

Looks well good Hb.

(Still here...)

Looks raw.
    Raw? You folk who have lived in Africa...
    Yeah and we eat Biltong.

All that meat is very slow through the digestive system H³, especially trendy undercooked meat.
    So if you are struggling with weight, you might think about that and the time it took your body to digest say, 8oz of whatever, you could have consumed much better food stuffs.
    You can also think about how undigested meat secretes through the bowel in the event of over consumption, heart disease, cholesterol...
    A good guide for an adult male is 0.8 grams to 1.8 grams per day of PROTEIN per kilo of body weight (that's total, not just meat). The upper range for you would probably be in the 1 gram per kilo range (you're not a weight lifter or body builder).

Just sayin' like.

• Stevo_666
    pinno said:

A good guide for an adult male is 0.8 grams to 1.8 grams per day of PROTEIN per kilo of body weight (that's total, not just meat). The upper range for you would probably be in the 1 gram per kilo range (you're not a weight lifter or body builder).

Just sayin' like.

So about a kilo of protein a day? :p
  • pinno
    He's a big bloke I hear.
  • Stevo_666
    edited May 2020
    I think lockdown is affecting us all, lots of cases of 'lockdown ar$e' around :smile: