SHORT short bibs?

'Nuther post about bibs. Recommendations for VERY short bibs? I am 5,4 male (with oddly short legs) and small or medium bibs go almost to or just PAST my knee! Not ideal, especially since that means I loose the compression at the opening. I've tried Castelli, Giordana (5cm shorter), Craft, and Rapha. Is there a certain cut, brand? I find "boys" sizes fit/feel odd... and with women's, there's the chamois issue. THX all ur rad peeps.

Comments

• amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,253
    Rapha did a lightweight one in shorter leg
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,776
    edited May 2020
    Shortest shorts that I’ve had in recent years were from Solo.
    https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Solo/RT-Bib-Shorts/7P04#mz-expanded-view-84960017353
    Shorter than - Rapha, Castelli, Red White, Le Col, Assos, Endura, CHPT3. That’s it off hand. 😉
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • thebigman
    thebigman Posts: 57
    try redwhite. there a company from singapore.. top quality bibs but i found them short in length.
  • amrushton said:

Rapha did a lightweight one in shorter leg

I’ll check - happen yo live a block away from a Rapha store.

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,257
    I have a pair of Endura SL 260 bibs that are very short... too short for comfort... at the time you could order the length and I got the wrong ones...
    left the forum March 2023
  • I have a pair of Endura SL 260 bibs that are very short... too short for comfort... at the time you could order the length and I got the wrong ones...

I found an FS260 Endura bib... wonder if that’s the same/similar

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,257

I have a pair of Endura SL 260 bibs that are very short... too short for comfort... at the time you could order the length and I got the wrong ones...

Hard to say... mine are about 2-3 years old, I am sure they have changed since. At the time you could choose the size of the pad and the length of the leg... but the leg part was confusing, as Wiggle just stored one and happened to be the short one
    left the forum March 2023
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426

'Nuther post about bibs. Recommendations for VERY short bibs? I am 5,4 male (with oddly short legs) and small or medium bibs go almost to or just PAST my knee! Not ideal, especially since that means I loose the compression at the opening. I've tried Castelli, Giordana (5cm shorter), Craft, and Rapha. Is there a certain cut, brand? I find "boys" sizes fit/feel odd... and with women's, there's the chamois issue. THX all ur rad peeps.

I am a skinny 165cm/5’5” tall and the Santini bibs in XS at Prendas are the right fit for me, could be worth looking at.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,584
    edited June 2020

Hard to say... mine are about 2-3 years old, I am sure they have changed since. At the time you could choose the size of the pad and the length of the leg... but the leg part was confusing, as Wiggle just stored one and happened to be the short one
    Yup agreed, I have a few pairs of these, and ordered one by mistake that was standard leg legth as opposed to long leg length - they are akin to Kylie's hotpants in length, and they are very definitely kept purely for turbo use.

Looking at the current range, there seems to be no mention anywhere of normal or long short length, only the pad width endures, so I suspect me and Ugo were the only 2 people in the world who ordered these by mistake, and they have likely just stuck with the long leg version for the mk 2 version
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • 'Nuther post about bibs. Recommendations for VERY short bibs? I am 5,4 male (with oddly short legs) and small or medium bibs go almost to or just PAST my knee! Not ideal, especially since that means I loose the compression at the opening. I've tried Castelli, Giordana (5cm shorter), Craft, and Rapha. Is there a certain cut, brand? I find "boys" sizes fit/feel odd... and with women's, there's the chamois issue. THX all ur rad peeps.

The latest assos shorts come up short, more than the previous iterations.
    Trek emonda sl6 pro 2019
    wilier izoard 2011
    canyon grail 7.0 al 2019
    Cannondale caad 12 2018
    Dolan professio2018
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    You could get some triathlon shorts. Wiggle often have the dhb ones on sale. Shorter length and obviously no bibs but I've been using them for road riding and they have been fine. Padding is pretty minimal though so maybe not for massive rides ?