thursday has black holes in its eyes

'ning

looks like a sunnywarm one

bit of wfh then calendar blocked out for basking
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, cloudy and cooler this morning, just put the sprinkler on the lawn is looking a bit sorry for itself, besides that cycling, and a bit of housework , Waitrose delivering some provisions later
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Nice walk with hounds, followed by a run and now work.

Later is a ride out on the tandem and a few beers by the river with the current wife and I assume football with the rugrats
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, another day of glorious sunshine, not sure what happened yesterday Sun vanished. Bit like the launch Window for SpaceX I was looking forward to.

Anyway onward shed tonne of meetings now in light of the FIA messing around with things again.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    No respite from sunny and low 20's in sight. Makes working from home more onerous, and I miss out on a stroll through the City at lunchtime. Lots of hidden gardens if you know where to look.

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    edited May 2020
    hopkinb said:

Lots of hidden gardens if you know where to look.

Ahem.

Sunny here. Got up early to do some DIY. Tricky tried to get in to a no no cupboard full of nice chocolaty stuff and fitted with a deadlock. She jammed something (which I later found as a screw) into the lock and I could not remove it.
    Some time later after angle grinder and hammer action, I ended up fitting another deadlock and filling the holes from the old one.
    Fill - sand - fill - sand - undercoat - sand - gloss.
    Of course, the door is an old English white, which I cannot get locally so the whole door will have to painted if I don't want to wait.

Meanwhile, weather is beautiful.

Snappy maths with Shorty.
    Might even get post.
    Will bake bread. That'll be a one third of each mix: Granary, wholemeal and plain.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    pinno said:

hopkinb said:

Lots of hidden gardens if you know where to look.

Ahem.

Grubby. :)

Me and the boy found a lovely one on our meander over to his grandmother yesterday. Ancient churchyard in Stepney.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    Lovely wevver, just a pity the only time I've had to enjoy it was on a (slightly indirect rather then full on Cummings style) trip to the tip to get shot of all the crap that's been building up in the garage over the last few weeks.

Other than that, loads of work. Tax and money doesn't get furloughed so neither do I: next up is a call with my 'mentee' to do some menting, or whatever its called.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Lovely bike ride. A bit too hilly for a man who's been doing too much porkering and not enough pedalling.
    Promised Shorty I would take her on the road on my return. She did alright for a 7 year old. About 2 miles. Must have looked funny some bloke in all the gear behind, looking like he was struggling to keep up.
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

A bit too hilly for a man who's been doing too much porkering and not enough pedalling.

I know what you mean but some people might not :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    pinno said:

Lovely bike ride. A bit too hilly for a man who's been doing too much porkering and not enough pedalling.

I have no words
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Still beaten by a 7yr old and a girl at that. Oh the shame. Sorry shorty just trying to make your dad feel guilty. Fancy locking the sweety cupboard up as well.

Maybe he should have just followed behind in his Men-o-Porsche instead of riding his bike. That wouldn't look creepy would it?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,675
    Stevo_666 said:

oxoman said:

Still beaten by a 7yr old and a girl at that. Oh the shame. Sorry shorty just trying to make your dad feel guilty. Fancy locking the sweety cupboard up as well.

Maybe he should have just followed behind in his Men-o-Porsche instead of riding his bike. That wouldn't look creepy would it?
    Is Stranraer. Rest of world's creepy is their normal.

Anyway. Hello real (virtual) world. Finally got full broadband up and running so no longer reliant on pairing with my PAYG phone. Spent more during past couple of weeks than I did in previous 15 months: is a £zero contract.

And no I am not going to trawl through the endless pages of posts on you know what.
  • hopkinb
    Worky worky, pop for a ride. Now some cold rousanne in the garden while watching the parakeets and quietly applauding a spadge eating aphids off my roses.
  • hopkinb
    Treating myself to a bit of Joni Mitchell. Maybe a spot of Janis Joplin next.
  • pinno
    Thought you lot would appreciate me riding behind her to keep her safe but oh no...

[insert rolling eyes icon]
  • pinno
    edited May 2020
    oxoman said:

...and let them ride at their own pace.

That was just it. She hit 10mph (with knobbly tyres - 16" wheels), a slight down hill and a tailwind. Bless her.
    Then she hits the brakes :)
    I kept reminding her that when she looked over her shoulder, she was veering towards the verge.

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    pinno said:

I kept reminding her that when she looked over her shoulder, she was veering towards the verge.

If you're going to veer the verge is the preferable option, says the bloke that's turning purple after an unscheduled dismount :D