Upgrade recommendations

Hi All,
I have a Trek 1.2 alpha with shimano Sora 9 speed whilst I really like this bike, I would love a new bike, BUT if i am honest with myself I dont think that I need a whole bike, and the Mrs would probably kill me! I cycle 70-100 miles per week (commuting and general riding). I am not a racer and don't really do a huge amount of climbing. I am thinking to upgrade some components and want to get some advice please.

a) wheels - the choice seems to be some Cero AR24s do people have any other recommendations?
b) shifters, purely for aesthetics, but to change to the new sora shifters that have internal cables

does anyone have any other recommendations?

Comments

• aaronyarm
    aaronyarm Posts: 20
    oxoman said:

Not sure what wheels you already have but are the cero,s really going to be a worthwhile upgrade. Personally I wouldn't upgrade shifters until the old ones are worn out or broken.

I've just got the stock wheels that came with the frame, early bontrager paradigms u believe, they are pretty heavy..
  • aaronyarm
    aaronyarm Posts: 20
    oxoman said:

Might be worth you saving for a new best bike and using the trek as commute and wet bike. I did that with my Moda, use it for work etc as fitted with mudguards and carradice bag for carrying stuff to work.

fair point, I was eyeing up a new canyon endurace anyway :P