Shimano brake hose

So in a quest to get new brakes I’ve purchased the M6000 caliper and levee then stupidly purchased the BH59 hose instead of the BH90, will this be a major issue?

Comments

• reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185
    As long as you match the correct bh59 inserts for the hose you will have no issues.

The wrong hose/insert combination can cause leaks.

The BH59 will make
    Brakes feel more progressive rather than the sharper feeling you would get from BH90 hoses.

Won't make any difference to final braking power just in the modulation, which after all that being said is probably not even enough to notice.

• ed1973
    ed1973 Posts: 284
    Nice one, I’ll use all the inserts and olives that came with the hose.
  • ed1973
    So I have checked the current hose on my bike and it’s the same as I have just bought a BH59 so can I simply use this hose for my new lever and caliper using the existing insert and olives that are on the current hose or should I change them out?
  • reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185
    Shimano recommend changing olive and insert each time you reattach hoses which I always do. I would do it too be on the safe side.

You will probably be ok to use existing ones but keep an eye out for fluid leaking under the rubber boot over the next week or so.
  • ed1973

Shimano recommend changing olive and insert each time you reattach hoses which I always do. I would do it too be on the safe side.

You will probably be ok to use existing ones but keep an eye out for fluid leaking under the rubber boot over the next week or so.

Thanks for this, I’ve got the spares so may as well use them eh!