monday is but a dream of a stripey cat purring in the sun

'ning

looks like the sun has switched back on

ride, coffee, nyt, bask, decameron too slow, break out the lqg book i've been saving for an emergency
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    edited May 2020
    Morning from sunny Lincolnshire , drinking coffee at the moment just wondering if I should disregard the covid 19 rules and have a ride outside šŸš“šŸ˜€
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870

Morning from sunny Lincolnshire , drinking coffee at the moment just wondering if I should disregard the covid 19 rules and have a ride outside šŸš“šŸ˜€
    Have a good day

Depends on how busy your local route is?
  • tlw1
    Chilled start and very pleasant walk with the hounds, soon a run and then do the jobs I should have done yesterday but got distracted by cider
  • essexian
    essexian Posts: 187
    Ride cancelled. :(

Unable to sleep last night due to yet another attack of gout.

Going to be miserable all day now so no stories about long rides and KOM's please.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,551

Have a good day

if you can avoid snotty joggers etc. i'd go for it

fwiw my mother got the 'shield yourself' letter, still goes out every day for a walk, just avoids places where there're others close by
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,689

Have a good day

Wear a Dominic Scummings mask and you'll be fine šŸ˜Š
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,551
    orraloon said:

Have a good day

someone made one, just print, cut out and add ear loops...
    https://b3ta.com/board/11314962
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    sungod said:

Have a good day

fwiw my mother got the 'shield yourself' letter, still goes out every day for a walk, just avoids places where there're others close by
    The neighbour got one but he's just disregarded it completely. We offered to do their shopping and walk the dog so fk em.
  • thistle_
    edited May 2020
    Ride ridden. Sunny but still cool here at the moment.
    Managed to do the chainset yesterday so the bike was lovely to ride, but didn't seem to go much faster.

Lazy day planned.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    edited May 2020
    orraloon said:

Have a good day

I find my clippered hair and missing front tooth do the job without the need for a disguise.

Forecast warm and sunny for the next week so good news for the occasional bask, just a pity work is looking quite busy for the rest of the week. Not a lot doing today apart from dog related stuff, jobs and exercise.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Have a good day

I find my clippered hair and missing front tooth do the job without the need for a disguise.
    Saw something doing the rounds with people saying if the lockdown police stop them they'll just give their name as Dominic Cummings.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

orraloon said:

Have a good day

Saw something doing the rounds with people saying if the lockdown police stop them they'll just give their name as Dominic Cummings.
    Not many people look like him mind. I suppose my haircut is similar.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • lincolndave
    sungod said:

Have a good day

51 miles in the morning sunshine, on Lincolnshire,s country roads, I feel like Iā€™m on top of the world, first time out since the lockdown
    Very enjoyable to say the least
  • lincolndave
    oxoman said:

Glad you got out LD, trust the roads were quiet.

The main Wragby / Skegness road resembled wacky races good job I only had to cross it once.

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Grey start, brisk walk with the dog to get things moving. Shopping trip with Mum for stuff, by which time the skies had cleared and was a crystal clear afternoon.

Had to do some minor DIY stuff to appease the Boss.

Went for a longer walk, too late and cool for the bike. That's on tomorrow's list though.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • tlw1

sungod said:

Have a good day

51 miles in the morning sunshine, on Lincolnshire,s country roads, I feel like Iā€™m on top of the world, first time out since the lockdown
    Great news!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Nice one Dave. Glad you could get out. I've been lazy as hell recently. Watching the sunshine from indoors until later. Making chicken stock. Bought more of those top quality short ribs and some dry aged lamb rump from the same supplier. Should be in Spain. Bah.
  • Stevo_666

sungod said:

Have a good day

sungod said:

Have a good day

Good going LD, Lincolnshire has some good cycling (and driving) roads remembering my trips to Cadwell a few years back, and the occasional stop at a mate in Sleaford.
  • Cargobike
    Cargobike Posts: 748
    Ay up.
    Quick, lumpy 40 miler around the White Peak, before the car driving hordes woke up, then back home for an afternoon of payroll shenanigans.
    Bugger me, no Virgin internet once again. So in no particular order done my domestic goddess duties, completed the crossword and sudoku puzzles, planned a ride up to Chesterfield tomorrow and am presently putting the finishing touches to a pot of veg curry, all while working through the Killing Joke albums.
    Musn't grumble.
  • hopkinb
    Hoppy's chicken shawarma. Pitta breads, tzatziki, tabbouleh.

• step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Evening, lovely 30 mile loop this morning heaving with bikes knocked a few minutes off the route which is good news to me (more speeds!)
    Home did some gardening BBQ done and now chilling in the garden lapping up this sunshine.
    Hoppy, that chicken looks great!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347
    step83 said:

Evening, lovely 30 mile loop this morning heaving with bikes knocked a few minutes off the route which is good news to me (more speeds!)
    Home did some gardening BBQ done and now chilling in the garden lapping up this sunshine.
    Hoppy, that chicken looks great!

It's not chicken, it's some form of road kill.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    Philistines. Its just a whole load of marinaded chicken thighs skewered together.
  • pinno
    edited May 2020
    oxoman said:

I did wonder what it was, roadkill explains it.

It's all about mass innit: big ginga bloke (wiv powa)... screaming down a hill. And given lockdown, wildlife is a wandering...
    Dinner.
  • pinno
    edited May 2020
    oxoman said:

A bit of a mixture then, if my commute is anything to go by its made up of the following. Badger, Fox, deer, pigeon, tree rat squirrel to the uneducated and unfortunately a rare Mrs tiggy winkle. o:)

That lot would make a very special game stew.