6 bolt to centre lock

I have a 6 bolt 140mm shimano 105 disc set up. I am buying new wheels. if i bought new centre lock rotors 140mm would they fit the bike?

Comments

• mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,618
    edited May 2020
    Yes, in theory if you're changing wheels you can get them with centre lock rotors.

You need to make sure they have the same axle standard as you currently have. Most current models will have 142mm spacing but if your bike is older it could be running 135mm hubs.
  • moonshine
    moonshine Posts: 1,021
    As long as the rotors are the same size, yes. It doesn't matter whether the disk fitting on the wheel is centrelock or 6 bolt. Both will fit 105 calipers

The rotor fitting is only relevant to the wheels / hubs. I.e you can only fit a centrelock rotor on a centrelock hub / 6 bolt rotor on a 6 bolt hub.
    I'm pretty sure You can get adaptors (ftom superstar components?) which Convert a 6 bolt rotor today a centrelock fitting
  • lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    You can fit 6 bolt rotors to a centre lock hub with an adaptor.
    You can not fit a centre lock rotor to a 6 bolt hub.
    Your wheels just need or can be adapted to the correct axle.
    I did try using adaptors on a 6 bolt rotor but I could not get the disc to run true.
    You can use 140 or 160 rotors with your 105 calipers. You just turn the mounting plate upside down.
    New centre lock wheels usually come with 6 bolt adaptors.