Mavic Aksium Front Disc Wheel too tight.

fortyone
fortyone Posts: 166
On a hybrid bike I have re-bled some disc brakes and fitted new pads for a friend. Before all of this was done I noticed the front wheel, which has a thru-axle, does not run freely, when tight. It seems that when the axle is screwed through to one side of the forks and the lever is tightened, it simply tightens too much. There doesn't appear to be any adjustment on it as the wheel just rotates on the axle. No problem with the back one as it's a road skewer. No brake rub on the new pads. Is there something missing, like a washer? Thank you.

Comments

• i.bhamra
    i.bhamra Posts: 304
    Not had Mavic wheels for many years but the ones for rim brakes used to have bearing pre-load adjustment on the hubs. Worth checking if these do and maybe done up to tight?
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,243
    i.bhamra said:

Not had Mavic wheels for many years but the ones for rim brakes used to have bearing pre-load adjustment on the hubs. Worth checking if these do and maybe done up to tight?

this
    left the forum March 2023
  • fortyone
    fortyone Posts: 166
    Yes, most road wheels with skewers are adjustable, but these seem fixed, without any adjustment, and revolve around the thru axle only.