Specialized Allez power meter

Wiggee
Wiggee Posts: 5
I purchased my first road bike about 18 months ago - a Specialized Allez 2019 - and I am looking at upgrading to a power meter. I am running the stock Claris groupset supplied with the bike and being my first foray into power I am most interested in a crank based power meter.

From what I can tell, the Claris groupset does not support any crank based power meters. Is this correct?

Other than more expensive pedal based power meters (which i'd actually prefer bar the cost) - and preferably not hub based - is there any other way I can fit a power meter to my Allez? I've been looking at Stages (i've heard bad things about their reliability?) single-sided crank but unsure whether there's enough clearance for it to fit.

The lowest level of groupset even the Specailized Power Crank seems to support is the 105. Am I am able to run/bodge a 105 power crank on my Allez, or would I need to upgrade the entire groupset?

Thanks for any help/advice!

Comments

• dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    Get power pedals.
    Favero Assioma Uno will be about the same as the stages and gives you the option to go dual sided if wanted