Rear wheel not centred between stays...?

iantr
iantr Posts: 31
Fitting new tyres to my Enigma this evening I noticed that the rear wheel isn’t centred between the seat stays. The gap on the non-drive side is at least double that on the drive side, if not more. The stays are pretty tight and I suspect I’ve only noticed because I’ve fitted slightly wider tyres, and needed to take a close look at clearance. Wheels are Dura Ace C35 (I think the 7900 version) and are straight.

Does this matter? If so, is there as way to adjust carefully the position of the wheel on the axle. It only needs to move about 2mm, perhaps a little less.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• iantr
    A little more googling suggests I need to get my rear wheel re-dished. Does that sound right?
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,699
    iantr said:

A little more googling suggests I need to get my rear wheel re-dished. Does that sound right?

I wouldn’t like to say without seeing it. If you move the rim (by re-dishing) within the seat-stays it will also move the rim within the chain-stays. Less than 2mm doesn’t sound much to be concerned about. A good and experienced LBS is your best bet if your worried, I’d say (take the whole bike)
  • iantr
    Thank you. Having had another wheel swapped in, it looks like the problem might be with the frame... Looks like the bike will need to go back to Enigma for them to take a look.