Looking for - MTB Fork, 120mm Travel, 26"wheels - Disc Mount

dmont
dmont Posts: 74
edited May 2020 in MTB buying advice
I've recently blown my front fork, rebound is shot - 120mm Suntour Raidon Air from a 2013 Voodoo Bantu

I'm looking for a new fork but it's a bit of a minefield, can anyone suggest a good fork for my use ?
Mostly XC and forest use with the occasional mucking about doing jumps.
The prices I see range from £100 to £££££, I'm looking for a reasonable prices disc mount fork that will last.

Budget, about £200 max

Many thanks to anyone that can help me out.
Riding - Voodoo Bantu

Comments

• dmont
    edited May 2020
    Riding - Voodoo Bantu
  • Look at Rockshox, they are bomb proof especially the coil sprung models, although it depends if the stock spring matches your weight.

The great think about Rockshox is they can be serviced and the service kits are very cheap.

A Rockshox Recon is a good entry level model, silver are generally lower end, gold are a bit better and lighter. The ones with 32mm stanchions will be more solid less flexible, through axle models even more so.
  • dmont
    Thanks Craig.
    I’ll take that advice on board.
    Riding - Voodoo Bantu
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,446
    Consider used ones. It could be a bit of a lottery as it will depend upon the honesty of the seller, but if they have 100% positive rating you should be OK.

Make sure the fork steerer is long enough for your purpose.
  • dmont
    edited August 2020
    It’s been a while since creating this post but thanks to everyone for the recommendations.

The whole covid situation buggered up my plans but thankfully I’ve now managed to replace the fork with a Suntour epixon, recommended earlier.

Found it on amazon for £245 as all the online stores have stock issues with forks fitting 26” - unless you pay for a high end fork.

Happy with the purchase and the epixon is much better than the original fork.

Thanks again.
    Riding - Voodoo Bantu