I'm 5'8" and my inside leg is 32"

Not sure to go for Small or Medium...

Thoughts?

Thanks
Dan

Comments

• vinny155
    vinny155 Posts: 20

This is an m size Tcr and my inside leg is also 32,as you can see,the saddle is quite high.I am 5ft 10 and a bit.Im using a 100mm stem and am fairly stretched out on the hoods...is there anyway you can get to sit on one?..
  • rc856
    rc856 Posts: 1,144
    Ideally you would sit on one. I’m 6ft tall with a 33” inside leg.
    I was riding an older TCR frame that was a large. Felt ok with a short stem. When I got my SL, I had a proper bike fit and moved to a M/L. I couldn’t believe how much better it felt.
  • raymondo60
    raymondo60 Posts: 735
    I too generally go for 'Large' when sizing. Ordered a TCR in that size and sent it back for M/L. I'm 6ft (minus a tad). Would be good if you could try one though....
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,217
    The Giant sizing chart shows the S as suitale for 5'5" to 5'8" and the M for 5'8" to 5'11" for the 2020 bike, 2021 chart below, so you could be OK on either. As has been said you need to try both really to decide whether you prefer more or less stack/reach, only you can decide that. I'm a tad taller than you with the same inseam, I don't have a TCR, however when I purchased my Defy I was in a siilar position to you. I tried both the small and medium, I felt too cramped and low on the small, the medium was a better fit for me. YMMV
    https://www.giant-bicycles.com/gb/tcr-advanced-2-2021
  • W12_Lad
    W12_Lad Posts: 184
    This is a medium 2019 model. I'm 5'9" with the legs of a six footer (33").
    Fits me perfectly with the original 100mm stem.
    I like a big saddle to bar drop though.