Sram Red crank adjuster issues

Morning all,
I have a ongoing issue with my Sram red crank fitted to my SWorks Tarmac which seems to be developing lateral movement after only a couple of rides. (The BB bearings are fairly recent and run smooth)
I have the usual Sram adjuster collar fitted to the no drive side which removes the play when adjusted as it should, however after approx 2 rides the play is apparent again and the crank starts to click. I repeat the whole adjustment process for it to return again as mentioned above.
Has anyone had similar problem and if so what can I do to cure this? Any advice appreciated?
Ride like the wind......

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    There's a hex bolt as part of the adjuster which locks it in place, are you tightening that down after adjusting the crank?
  • banditvic
    banditvic Posts: 549
    Yes had a few problems I screwed the adjuster together ( so it wasn't working then packed the rest out with some old washers from previous cranks, takes a few goes to get it the gap right but runs great now.
  • Thank you for your replies. Yes whyamihere I have checked this and the screw is tight so as to clamp the adjuster ring and supposedly stop it from moving.
    Banditvic... Do you feel from your experience the Sram adjuster collar is not holding its adjustment and this is why you had to pack it with spacers? Is it a matter of finding the correct manual spacing and tightening the crank bolt to remove the play? I presume you need to be careful when doing this as not to overdo the pre-load?
    Ride like the wind......
  • banditvic
    banditvic Posts: 549
    I've only had the problem on my latest crank, it kept loosing its adjustment pinch bolt felt fine so went and fitted the packers,just did one at a time until all play had gone.
  • Thanks. Appreciate the help.
    Ride like the wind......