Tweeks cycles

Is anyone else having problems with Tweeks cycles? I ordered some items a month ago and have emailed them several times but have had no replies.
I rang them early last week which took an hour until it was my turn, the girl was helpful and informed me that they were waiting for one of my parts to come in and they said the supplier didn't know when it was going to be available, so I cancelled the order and she informed me I would be refunded the next day, no refund has happened, not looking forward to another hour's wait to get nowhere.

Comments

• mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,623
    Can't help too much other than to say I had an order from them recently that was delivered but it did take a while, maybe 2 to 3 weeks.

Seems to be a fairly common theme amongst bike shops at the moment. Presumably lack of staff and increased demand.
  • raymondo60
    raymondo60 Posts: 735
    I've had nothing but excellent value and service from Tweeks over the years, both for buying complete bikes and various accessories etc. I think it difficult to judge the performance of certain companies in current conditions, though they should respond better. Hope you get your problem sorted banditvic....
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • denis992
    denis992 Posts: 65
    Did an order about a month ago, no issues
  • Wrexham aren't they? Think the motor business is in England but the bike bit is over the border.
    Probably some grants available at set up. Now they are paying it back.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,164

Wrexham aren't they? Think the motor business is in England but the bike bit is over the border.
    Probably some grants available at set up. Now they are paying it back.

They're both in Wrexham - left for petrol powered, right for human/electric powered.

I usually go and collect from them, it's quicker for me and they're always helpful.
  • Sorry. I'm going back xxx years when Demon Tweeks first started. They were in England. Presumably the whole lot moved for the aforesaid grants.
  • akh
    akh Posts: 206
    edited May 2020
    It's been on Wrexham Industrial Estate since at least 2015, which is when I started working in an office building just behind their showroom. I used to pop in on my lunch quite often. I no longer work there so haven't been to the shop for over a year.

I used to see two regular guys on the till of the bike section, but I think the online orders are handled by back office admin staff and warehouse pickers. I think the same people might handle both cars and bikes.

AFAIK, the stuff on the website which says "Order Now for Despatch in X days" rather than "In Stock for Immediate Despatch" is only ordered from their supplier to fulfil a customer order. I'd imagine there's a lot of disruption in that supply chain at the moment.
  • Thanks. I'm going back to the 1970s when I was into the rally game. Their postal address was simply Demon Tweeks, Tattenhall, Chester. (I can still remember it, which must show how often I used it!)
    They were pretty good back then.
  • Cargobike
    Cargobike Posts: 748
    Like many of the online mega stores they'll be at the mercy of the distributors. I very much doubt the supply chain is operating anywhere near it's usual capacity due to Covid-19.
    It does make me wonder whether some people have far too high expectations during these unprecedented times.
  • banditvic
    banditvic Posts: 549
    Cargobike said:

Like many of the online mega stores they'll be at the mercy of the distributors. I very much doubt the supply chain is operating anywhere near it's usual capacity due to Covid-19.
    It does make me wonder whether some people have far too high expectations during these unprecedented times.

Did not expect it to be fast, but not one response to 11 emails I've sent them would have been nice.
  • I chased them up about an order on Monday this week, got an email yesterday saying they're awaiting an update from their supplier. I assumed that the dispatch in five days line meant they had them in stock and that was the lead time.
    Problem is nowhere else lists what I'm after, good job they're just for a lockdown project.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437

Thanks. I'm going back to the 1970s when I was into the rally game. Their postal address was simply Demon Tweeks, Tattenhall, Chester. (I can still remember it, which must show how often I used it!)
    They were pretty good back then.

Oh yea. Used to cycle past occasionally. Completely forgotten about this.