What bottom bracket for a Boardman Team FS 650b

I need to make a load up upgrades including chainset. My research tells me I'll need a new bottom bracket but how do I know what to opt for?

Assuming this is not a one size fits all scenario.

The bike is a Boardman Team FS 2014 model.

Comments

• reaperactual
    reaperactual Posts: 1,185
    edited May 2020
    Your Boardman uses an FSA Mega exo bottom bracket and Comet chainset.

Replace it with a Shimano Hollowtech II bb which works with your 68mm shell width (using supplied spacers) along with your choice of Shimano Hollowtech II chainset.

Recommend watching a YouTube tutorial on fitting to make sure it's done properly if your not familiar with fitting bb's but an easy job to do if you have the
    relevant tools.

• AdamC123
    AdamC123 Posts: 14
    Thanks a million.

Has been a massive ball ache working out the set of parts needed only to realise various bits aren't compatible with one another and all seems to stem from the bb!

Really appreciated, thanks
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,446

Your Boardman uses an FSA Mega exo bottom bracket ............

Replace it with a Shimano Hollowtech II bb which works with your 68mm shell width (using supplied spacers) along with your choice of Shimano Hollowtech II chainset.

Shimano Hollowtech II BB is the sungod of mtb, all other BBs should bow down. Even the allegedly better ones like the Hope version are mere "me too!" versions. :)
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639

Shimano Hollowtech II BB is the sungod of mtb, all other BBs should bow down. Even the allegedly better ones like the Hope version are mere "me too!" versions. :)

the xtr version, I used to use on my bikes lasted a long time but now use uberbike with SKF bearings as I could get it in a colour other than black.