Feel like I am leaning too far forward?

Hi all, I've been a fan of Cube bikes for some years starting with a new 2013 Agree GTC Race and then upgraded to a new Cube Agree SLT Disc in 2018. With Di2 and all the bits it was an amazing bike but I ended up keeping it on the wall due to a change of job. I sold it because of this and bought a 2012 Agree GTC Pro as I didnt mind keeping it on the wall as it didnt seem as much of a waste!

Anyway, I've ridden about 150 miles over the last fortnight and ended up damaging the carpal tunnel ligament in the process. I think its down to the fact that I feel I'm leaning too far forward and all my weight is on the front bars.

Its the same size frame and the stem is the same size but I'm now out of ideas!

Any clues or do I just buy something different?

Any ideas on the existing bike or what bike I should buy would be gratefully received!

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Difficult to comment without seeing a pic of you on the bike - preferably side-on..
  • masjer
    masjer Posts: 2,573
    edited May 2020
    Possibilities to check- Saddle is set too high or handlebars/levers are too low- this can put too much weight on the hands/wrists.
    Saddle angle- Start by setting the saddle level (on level ground using a spirit level). If the saddle nose is pointing down this can push you forward.
    Check the saddle isn't too far forward -this can tip your centre of gravity forward.
    Check reach -stem too long or (hopefully not) top tube too long.
    Wear gloves/mitts?
    Work on core strength?
  • lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    As masjer says. Having your saddle too far forward may feel like a good idea when you are just sat on your bike but when actually ridding it is not. A shorter stem is a better way to reduce reach.
  • I had a bike a few years ago, I was between sizes and opted for the smaller one. I tinkered around with the set up but never got away from having the sensation of toppling forward as I was riding. I changed the frame for one that had me in the middle of the recommended range, and was instantly aware that the toppling forward feeling had gone.
    Maybe something is different with the geometry of your frames, a small difference may have altered your comfort.