Thoughts on giant propel adavnced 2

I’m considering upgrading my bike.
Currently have a giant defy 2 and been offered a propel advanced 2 for c£1k.

Interested in advice/opinions as not sure if it’s worth me spending the money as just a weekend club rider

Comments

• What year is your defy? I wouldn't necessarily say the propel will be an upgrade if both bikes have similarly spec'd parts. Plus, is an aero bike something you really want/need?

If I was in your position, I would use that money to upgrade your wheelset on your current bike. Better wheels make you faster and will make your bike a lot more fun to ride IMO.
    smidgliosis
  • hpaul
    hpaul Posts: 114
    edited May 2020
    I've a 17 propel advanced 2, great bike. Brakes are a little annoying to accommodate the aero frame. Stock wheels I returned for a refund to. Frames great, I'd imagine it will give you a bit more over a defy on a weekend club run. My father bought a second defy last year, not interested in speed thought.

Defy is a comfort bike, more for endurance, the propel is much firmer. I used a vitus venon vrs(endurance) with all superior components to my propel, I couldn't put power down the same at all. And the vitus was so so much lighter as well. Depending on your preference, if you prefer comfort stick with defy, if prefer speed go with propel. IMO