DHB Aeron Bib Shorts

I'm looking at buying these bib shorts, If you use them how do you find they size up? I'm 91cm (35") waist. I'm getting contradictory info. Thanks.

Comments

• smethley
    smethley Posts: 45
    To size, maybe a bit big if I have to choose.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    I find their sizing advice to be spot on.
    You can also ask questions on woggle and people will answer you.
  • super_davo
    super_davo Posts: 1,134
    I take a small in most brands and small on these, they fit me fine on the waist but the leg on the latest version is quite long. Too long for me (5ft7) which in combination with the leg grippers leaves nasty abrasions on my leg after long rides.
    Shame... because the quality, pad etc. are top notch.
  • twotoebenny
    twotoebenny Posts: 1,433
    I'm the opposite, I've just sent two pairs back in XL as they are too small and tight... felt that the pad and quality were great as stated

I take a small in most brands and small on these, they fit me fine on the waist but the leg on the latest version is quite long. Too long for me (5ft7) which in combination with the leg grippers leaves nasty abrasions on my leg after long rides.
    Shame... because the quality, pad etc. are top notch.

• mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,613
    fenix said:

I find their sizing advice to be spot on.
    You can also ask questions on woggle and people will answer you.

Is that the online Cub Scout shop?
  • fenix
    LOL !!!
  • wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 1,001

I'm the opposite, I've just sent two pairs back in XL as they are too small and tight... felt that the pad and quality were great as stated

Did you consult the size chart with correct measurements of yourself?
  • Sutton_Rider
    Sutton_Rider Posts: 493
    edited May 2020
    Yes consulting the measurement chart was the first thing I did, but some measurements indicate a 'L' and some 'XL', I've also seen review that say size up one and looking at reviews on Wiggle suggest anything from 'S' to 'XXL'.
  • fenix
    I'm a 32 and I wear medium so you need either L or XL.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    They changed the sizing a couple of years back, to more closer/ tighter fit.

I had one pair (size medium) from a few years ago which are still going to strong but I ordered two pairs in the sale in January, one in size medium one in large (as I was between sizes according to the chart) and ended up keeping both as they both fit me. When I measured them they are exactly the same size! So I think they may have a label quality control issue or something.

Really good quality shorts though, if you can get the right size.
  • twotoebenny
    twotoebenny Posts: 1,433
    wongataa said:

Did you consult the size chart with correct measurements of yourself?
    yes of course I did, they are too tight and not long enough in the leg... every other pair of bibs I have are XLs, I considered the XXLs but the leg length is just too short for my liking.

• mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Personally my waist varies in size too much to be reliable when buying shorts, so I use the hip measurement.
    I find that works well with different cuts of DhB.
  • akh
    akh Posts: 206
    redvision said:

They changed the sizing a couple of years back, to more closer/ tighter fit.

I had one pair (size medium) from a few years ago which are still going to strong but I ordered two pairs in the sale in January, one in size medium one in large (as I was between sizes according to the chart) and ended up keeping both as they both fit me. When I measured them they are exactly the same size! So I think they may have a label quality control issue or something.

Really good quality shorts though, if you can get the right size.

Is the leg length the same in medium and large? I've got two pairs in medium. One I've literally taken delivery of today and one from a year or so ago, both are good but a snug fit on the thighs, waist is good. I could go one size larger but I'm short and right at the limit of leg length as it is.
  • Sutton_Rider
    Sutton_Rider Posts: 493
    edited May 2020
    I went for the 'L' in the end and they arrived today, they are a snug fit so I'm still not sure if I should have gone for the 'XL' I'll ride them tomorrow and see how they feel on the bike. I usually go for Lusso gel which were a 'M' but doing a direct comparison with the DHB's they seem to be identical in size.
    UPDATE
    Rode them for 40 miles today. The pad started to turn to stone after 20 old miles and my junk went numb at 25 miles. Not a patch on my Lusso bibs sorry to say.
  • ali69er
    ali69er Posts: 35
    I had a pair for 2 months, after a few hundred miles the fabric between the legs had pulled so badly I sent them back. Awaiting refund.