saturday una was delighted by the introduction of so much incongruity

'ning

ride/coffee/nyt/bask, make the most of the warmth and sun
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, cracking morning again, more turbo, more sun worshiping ,and another bbq,
    Have a good weekend
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Running, painting, other jobs, painting, then drinking
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Family bike ride, might see if we can make it all the way to Hampton Court palace. Re-pot my roses. Read in the garden. Barbecue some ribs & cheeseburgers. Watch Mandalorian with mini. Since lockdown we have watched all 9 star wars films and all 6 of the lord of the rings and hobbit films.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    Stunning day but will be spoilt by grass cutting.

Must go walk with toots.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    edited May 2020
    Not a great start to the day - one of my front teeth (crowned) has sheared off completely leaving a slightly unsightly gap. Add to that my newly shaved bonce plus 5 days of stubble and I look a bit intimidating. Dentist not allowed to see me but no pain or blood and after sending some pics on whatsapp she says it's still sealed and no infection risk. The only thing I can do in the meantime is buy some dental adhesive from the pharmacy and stick it back myself...

Think we'll walk the dogs first.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Stevo_666 said:

Not a great start to the day - one of my front teeth (crowned) has sheared off completely leaving a slightly unsightly gap. Add to that my newly shaved bonce plus 5 days of stubble and I look a bit intimidating. Dentist not allowed to see me but no pain or blood and after sending some pics on whatsapp she says it's still sealed and no infection risk. The only thing I can do in the meantime is buy some dental adhesive from the pharmacy and stick it back myself...

That dental glue is good Stevo, make sure you get the broken crown positioned correctly before applying any force
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

That dental glue is good Stevo, make sure you get the broken crown positioned correctly before applying any force

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Thanks Dave, have to say I don't fancy myself as a dentist so I'm wondering whether to just leave the gap till they can see me. Apparently I'm high on the list on non-emergencies they will contact once they're allowed to see people.

In the meantime I can rock the escaped convict look.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Morning folks,
    Oh, it's afternoon already. How did that happen? Must have been the slow start I enjoyed.
    Done a few odd jobs, a few more to do. Might manage a ride if I finish fettling.
    Leave the gap Stevo, it'll look great if you have any Zoom type meetings.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,144
    'Noon
    The Mrs' filling broke the other day and the dentist told her to get some stuff and diy it.

Went out for what was meant to be a short run, but it escalated somewhat.

The greasy spoon down the road has reopened which is great. They seemed a bit short of customers.
  • Stevo_666

Morning folks,
    Oh, it's afternoon already. How did that happen? Must have been the slow start I enjoyed.
    Done a few odd jobs, a few more to do. Might manage a ride if I finish fettling.
    Leave the gap Stevo, it'll look great if you have any Zoom type meetings.

It'll be good for some of our deal negotiations as I look slightly menacing. We have loads of video meeting on MS Teams, will be amusing to see the reaction :)
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman said:

Stevo think yourself lucky you didn't swallow the crown, you'd have had to wait a while before you got it back. :D . Dental glue very good, don't go mad with it.

I had a lucky escape there Oxo, would have made it a really shyte weekend :D
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    if mf were around he'd either fix it or set fire to you and throw you over the fence

pleasant bask, not quite scorchio, a heathrow bound plane flew over at one point, felt quite nostalgic
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Afternoon,

Been out on the bike this am for a nice ride in the sun,

Then chilled in the garden with a few beers whilst the sun has been out.

Looks like the weather is set to change next week
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod said:

pleasant bask, not quite scorchio

It is early May in the UK though. Scorchio reserved for temperatures > 30°C in my book.
    We didn't make it to Hampton Court. Mrs H³ spooked by all the people on the river path.
    Kingston council have made a reasonable job of cycling infrastructure if you're not a cycliste sportif. If you're OK bimbling along at 15 to 20 kph, and avoiding wobblers/ditherers/stoppers and swervers, it's great. If you want to get anywhere quickly it's awful, but then I think the advice is to use the roads. Now if that could just be communicated to the drivers out there, we would all be OK.
    My roses are looking good.

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,144
    hopkinb said:

. If you're OK bimbling along at 15 to 20 kph, and avoiding wobblers/ditherers/stoppers and swervers, it's great. If you want to get anywhere quickly it's awful, but then I think the advice is to use the roads. Now if that could just be communicated to the drivers out there, we would all be OK..

You can't put up signs saying slow riders here, fast riders there because everyone thinks they're a tdf winner.

Cold weather has just arrived here with a heavy downpour. Hopefully it will dry up again for tomorrow.

• tlw1
    Ferkin rain has mucked up my last minute decision to paint the gate 🤬 paint is all bubbled, knew I should have just sat in the garden drinking.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    You're not wrong Hoppy, the bike paths will be ok for many I think. Lots of people moaning about roads being narrowed of course. Tow path is a nightmare, avoid like the plague. You should have gone into Home Park, goes almost to Hampton Court but is practically deserted compared to the tow path.
    I virtually finished the old Italian bike, test ride to see the old dear. Ride up Durham Road just for you, no Strava though. When you get to the top of that go left and right and go up Cottenham Drive for a bit more fun.
    Bike needs position fettling then bar tape.
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Ferkin rain has mucked up my last minute decision to paint the gate 🤬 paint is all bubbled, knew I should have just sat in the garden drinking.

Schoolboy error.
  • tlw1
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

Schoolboy error.
    I know, but worse, so does the current wife