Recommend a good Bike Shop in Surrey

Morning all,

Looking for recommendations for a decent MTB shop in Surrey that generally stocks a good variety of components and doesn't over inflate the price.

I'm all for supporting my local BS and using them instead of online etc but they take the p*ss and heavily over inflate their prices and I'm getting a bit fed up it now.

Thanks

Comments

• steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    Your LBS will never beat internet prices for components. That is something that you just have to accept. Of the three LBS that I use from time to time, I am astonished at how low their labour charges are (or they are lightning fast at fixing stuff). In addition their knowledge and experience is awesome.

I use my LBS for several things: fixing stuff that I can't or don't have the tools for (like un-sticking pistons in the brake caliper). Or things where the parts are cheap but the faffing about is large (like changing all eight suspension pivot bearings).

I will miss them if they were not there.
  • I accept that they will never beat the Internet on pricing, and I am a strong believer of supporting my local shops, however this shop in question marks up prices by a considerable amount and I'm not shy about spending my money but there is a line, and over the years they have geared up more for road bikes, supply and demand I guess.

Just wanted some input from others who can recommend a good shop that focuses on MTB rather than road and generally have good stock.

• raymondo60
    raymondo60 Posts: 735
    Whereabouts in Surrey are you? It's a pretty big county. Although not MTB rider myself I do know many local lads who use Nirvana Bikes in Westcott, on the A25 just west of Dorking.
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • I'm in Weybridge, however happy to travel once we are allowed to obviously. Thanks for the info.