Braided hoses to suit my Shimano brakes

As title really, got a set of Shimano MT501/MT520, hose/caliper does not have banjo type fitting, does anyone know if there are any braided hoses that will fit these brakes?

Thanks

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Yes, aftermarket, various options, Shimano don’t do any as they are pretty much a waste of time and money.
    Goodrich are a quality supplier.
    Knock yourself out https://lmgtfy.com/?q=shimano+braided+brake+hose
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Why do you wanted braided hoses?
    What is wrong with the hoses that came with the brakes?
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Charlie_Croker
    Charlie_Croker Posts: 1,727
    IMHO They look pretty mean and they remove the spongy feeling from the lever, giving a positive feel/feedback especially when braking hard and continually. At least they do on a motorcycle, personally I can’t go fast enough on a bicycle to warrant them :p
  • IMHO They look pretty mean and they remove the spongy feeling from the lever, giving a positive feel/feedback especially when braking hard and continually. At least they do on a motorcycle, personally I can’t go fast enough on a bicycle to warrant them :p

Worthwhile upgrade on a 1000cc sportsbike perhaps, but I can't imagine them making that much difference to the forces involved in bicycle brakes. Even on motorbikes they're "nice to have" rather than essential.

Look cool though.
    There's always someone having a worse day than you.
    Usually it's me.
  • JBA said:

Why do you wanted braided hoses?
    What is wrong with the hoses that came with the brakes?

Colleague at work has them fitted and said they make quite a lot of difference with regards to the spongy feel, so thought it may well be worth giving them a go. Can see how they may improve a brake system that uses rubber hoses (car or motorbike) but my hoses are a hard plastic so not too confident it will be a huge difference.
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,712
    It's more likely that they solved the spongy feeling by requiring a full bleed when they were fitted. I've had them before and while they make a very small difference, it's barely noticeable.