Trek Madone 5.9, 56cm frame

For sale is my Trek Madone 5.9 in matt black, size 56cm (H2 fit), which I have owned from new. I bought the bike from Ken Ellerker bikes in Hull in March 2014 and still have the original receipt and manuals for it.

This bike has been used in Spring, Autumn (with alternative wheels) and summer and has been a pleasure to own. I have purchased a new Madone SLR and as I already have a couple of other bikes, this won't get ridden much.

In addition to the standard spec, the bike has the following components:

• Bontrager Aelous 5 clincher wheels (used in summer only, in excellent condition - these were a £2,000 option)

• Vittoria Corsa G tyres (had these around a year, mainly in dry weather so tan walls are still clean and main area still has plenty of tread)

• Rotor 3D24 chainset with 172.5mm arms and semi compact 52/36

• Shimano Dura Ace 9000 rear direct mount brake caliper (original Bontrager brake caliper also provided)

• Shimano Dura Ace 9000 front direct mount brake caliper (original Bontrager brake caliper also provided)

• Bontrager Elite stem 120mm -17 degree

• Crane Creek Slamset headset (original headset included)

The carbon seat post is the longer version and was provided during a bike fit at the time of purchase. I am 5'11" (but longer in the leg) and it still has some movement upwards for a taller rider. The steerer has been cut to the minimum so is as low as it can be .... also running a -17 degree negative stem to get it closer the 'H1' fit of my race bike. As above, there is a Crane Creek slamset headset installed so its nice and low. The currently look pedals will remain on the bike for the new owner.

The wheels are in excellent condition with the later Bontrager graphics (in black) ... the brake tracks have no damage and the bearings run super smooth. Recent chain and cassette (11-28) and brake cables.

Not included in sale:

• Bottle cages

• Wahoo mount

I have highlighted marks on the bike as best as possible, its is not new or spotless but is in very good condition ... rear mech and brake/shifters haven't come into contact with the road! The frame does not have any structural damage ... i.e. no cracks or damage to the carbon and hasn't been crashed. Collection from Wetherby, West Yorks or Pocklington East Yorks. I have a large bike box from another bike purchase so I can arrange delivery if required. £1795 ono (postage + £30)

For photos follow the link https://photos.app.goo.gl/zrN7oSCuBzm62gCz5

Comments