Addict Road Bike - a few questions

Hi all,
I am completely new to road biking and am considering buying a used bike from a friend of mine. He is roughly the same height and build as me. To my very inexperienced eye, the bike seems like it would be fine to me and doesn’t seem to have any obvious problems.
I just had two questions, which I would really appreciate some help with:
1. Has anyone heard of the brand “Addict”? I have tried searching for it online but have only found results for “Scott Addict”. Does anyone know if the Addict bike in the photos below is part of the Scott range or a separate company?
2. From looking at the photos, are there any alarm bells that go off in your minds? I am 186cm, slim build and would be able to buy the bike for pretty cheap. I don’t expect to become a fanatic race biker and would expect to use it once a week at most.
If anyone has any advice about either of the above topics, I would really appreciate it!
Thanks a lot,
Richard

Comments

• fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    There's a website on the bike but it's not active any more. So probably an old shop built bike.

I think that saddle is about 20 years old ? I had one similar to that.

If it's cheap and fits you and in good nick then go for it.
  • Hi fenix,
    Thanks for your help!
    Haha yes I think the bike itself (or some of the parts at least) is pretty old but it apparently hasn’t been used that much, so I’m hoping it’s fine.
    I’m going to test ride it at the weekend. Do you have any tips for working out if it is the right size for me/anything I should look out for when testing it?
    Thanks again!
    Richard
  • Kilready
    Kilready Posts: 5
    It has got a 105 chainset, which is good and it looks ok
    Can't tell what wheels are or what condition.
    Your height 56 maybe 58...!!
    Usually measured centre to centre top tube..!!
    Don't offer him any more that £100
    And if there are any problems at all forget it...
    There are some very good new bikes available for a few hundred..
  • Thanks a lot, Kilready - will bear all of that in mind!