Bleed port cross threaded

Hoping some one can help me out, recently tried to bleed my shimano brakes, having used a bleed kit that has 2 shringes instead of a bleed cup I managed to strip the threads on the bleed port at the lever, has anyone had any joy re tapping this? Or any other fixes?

Any help appreciated

Cheers

Comments

• ed1973
    ed1973 Posts: 284

Hoping some one can help me out, recently tried to bleed my shimano brakes, having used a bleed kit that has 2 shringes instead of a bleed cup I managed to strip the threads on the bleed port at the lever, has anyone had any joy re tapping this? Or any other fixes?

Any help appreciated

Cheers

I ended up having to use pliers on mine, not a fix but can get it open and closed, it does chew it up, you have been warned!!

• ed1973 said:

Any help appreciated

Cheers

I ended up having to use pliers on mine, not a fix but can get it open and closed, it does chew it up, you have been warned!!

Hi, pliers to do what sorry? I can remove the bleed screw that the funnel fastens onto but the threads are done in, leaving the screw slightly loose
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,449

ed1973 said:

Any help appreciated

Cheers

Hi, pliers to do what sorry? I can remove the bleed screw that the funnel fastens onto but the threads are done in, leaving the screw slightly loose
    If some Loctite doesn't work, then you are screwed and its new lever body time. Sorry.

Be aware of offers in various places. Amazingly, sometimes a complete brakeset (caliper, hose and brake lever body, all pre-bled and ready to go) can be bought for less then either end separately.
  • ed1973 said:

Any help appreciated

Cheers

If some Loctite doesn't work, then you are screwed and its new lever body time. Sorry.

Be aware of offers in various places. Amazingly, sometimes a complete brakeset (caliper, hose and brake lever body, all pre-bled and ready to go) can be bought for less then either end separately.
    Ah thought as much, hoping it holds as is. Tha ks for your advice, il keep an eye out for a full set. Cheers