Identifying Bontrager hub and/or freehub (photos)

I have what I think is a 2010-2011 Bontrager Rhythm Pro Scandium 26" rear wheel. It rode well for a few months before the rear axle was sticking and the freehub wouldn't coast. I took the hub apart and changed the bearings which helped a little but seeing the state of the freehub splines I would prefer a replacement freehub. Also, and I couldn't find a diagram to prove this, but I think I am missing some sort of nylon washer or o-ring that should be between the base of the freehub and the top of the adjoining bearing to prevent the bearing from locking up.

TL;DR: Can anyone tell me if there is any replacement freehub available for this rim, or where to find out? My local Trek dealer was useless.

Comments

• I forgot to add that the hub itself is hourglass shaped and branded simply as Bontrager with no other discerning marks.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    Fairly confident it is a Novatec B type freehub... and yes, there should be a washer, metal, not plastic. The dents on the freehub are not concerning, I have seen a lot worse...
    To be honest, I am more worried about the spokes you have destroyed when the chain got jammed there at some point
    left the forum March 2023
  • mentalvince
    mentalvince Posts: 5
    edited May 2020
    Thanks for the ID! And yes the spokes were chewed up by the previous owner, but this hub issue was a lot harder for me to figure out than re-lacing the wheel. :smile: