Cannondale Supersix

Hi - looking at a new bike and the new Supersix Hi-Mod is getting universally great reviews. I like the look of the bike but have always been put off the brand by their choice of bottom bracket (in this case a PF30). Everyone I have ever known to own a Cannondale (over a 15 year period I might add!) seems to have a squeaky bottom bracket that they can never eliminate.

Wondered if anyone on here had any more recent experience to confirm or counter my prejudice!

Thanks.

Comments

• topsey_turvey
    topsey_turvey Posts: 420
    I've been running a Cannondale for the past three years with a PF30. Never heard the slightest whisper from it.
    Frank Yates
  • ibr17xvii
    ibr17xvii Posts: 1,065
    My CAAD12 has a PF30 & I've never had any issues with touch wood.

That said I've always had it serviced / regreased every year.

If you like the bike I wouldn't let the BB put you off. The new SuperSix seems like a great bike.
  • fiverears
    fiverears Posts: 38
    Would never touch a cannondale or any other bike that uses BB30 or variants. and I know many people are the same about the "cannondale creak".
    It's just I don't have the time and money to get it fixed ie the hambini BB fix,
    Just look on his Youtube channel, over the last 2 years he has posted countless videos of bottom bracket videos that he has had to fix,
  • rwoofer
    rwoofer Posts: 222
    I have a SS Evo Hi Mod and at 90kg I never get a creak out of my BB. I think the problem with all brands is quality control and they all have problems with it. No brand is free of issues with BBs, just some people are unlucky to get a bad one. The question is whether a manufacturer does something about a problem.
  • diplodicus
    diplodicus Posts: 722
    Bought an evo in 2014, and after a week or two it started creaking.
    Returned to bike shop who took bottom bracket out and reinstalled.
    Not a peep out of it since, so in my experience they can be sorted simply and cheaply YMMV
  • joe_totale-2
    joe_totale-2 Posts: 1,333
    Two press fit Cannondales, no creaking.
    Hambini only gets sent dodgy frames and in his most recent video was pretty complimentary about the Cannondale frame he receives aside from the BB area.
  • thanks everyone - I'm not alone by the sounds of it but equally some fixes out there.