SR suntour fork rebound dial

Has anyone dealt with a rebound dial like this? From this fork: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B014UQDX9Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I removed the knob and when trying to replace it it won't move at all. I've tried pushing it on further, and taking it off again and placing it on gently, but neither does anything. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Are you saying it won't go on, or that you can't turn it?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • dang91
    dang91 Posts: 3

I can't turn it, it goes on fine but won't rotate
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Seizing is a common issue, turn forks upside down and keep spraying a penetrating oil into the gap between outer and the inner shaft, probably seized before you removed it. Once its free apply some grease to stop moisture getting in the gap.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • dang91
    dang91 Posts: 3
    I don't think it's seized, it was working perfectly before I took it off.

I also haven't done anything else with the fork, just took this off. I think it's just I'm not putting the dial on right