friday with the priestess of delphi

'ning

still way too nippy, but dry at least, ride, coffee, no nyt due to the commies' day off, wfh and stuff
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, it feels colder here this morning, spitting with rain as well, , turbo this morning, house chores later
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Yeah Friday
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Don't feel like I slept too well despite doing the most cycling yesterday that I've done all year.
    Waiting for public transport in the sun for a half day at the office. Looks like it might be soggy on the way home though.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, no rain thus yet, appears to be on the horizon though I think.

"Pub webex" today, suggested it after yesterday on here, its gone down a storm needless to say. People will always find an excuse for alcohol, just debating do I go polite with a bottle of beer or small spirit, or go all out an make a huge cocktail?

Anyway much typing to do today I think.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Cocktail. Be sure to add the mini brolly and serve it in a Coconut with a straw. Wear a Bermuda shirt.

Soggy and cold today. Meh.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Quiet day as lots of the continentals have the day off. So will pop down to Argos a bit later to collect our new lawn mower - an essential journey if you saw the state of our lawn.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    I found this on Ebay for you. Only a fiver AND it will fit through the letterbox.

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,615
    Ar5e. Just started hailing here, puts the planned ride in doubt. Was supposed to stay dry until the afternoon. Could have got up and out earlier of course, but then would have got caught outside in it. Oh well, time for a plan B.
  • step83
    pinno said:

Cocktail. Be sure to add the mini brolly and serve it in a Coconut with a straw. Wear a Bermuda shirt.

Soggy and cold today. Meh.

I have a glass jug, that'll do, Sunglasses to? Or a bit much? I could sit on the decking too but I'd get soaked.

Went for a Long Island Ice tea, no Triple Sec so Cointreau will do just fine double measures as its going in a pint glass
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    I do like a long Island iced tea, used to go to cocktail parties at a mates for NYE in the days before kids and drink buckets of the stuff before crawling home in the early hours.
    I need to go on my weekly trip to supplier in Wombledon, will wave at Hoppy's palace as I pass.
    Should probably get on with some work as lots to do, but meh is strong today.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Son's taxi duties this morning used up a few hours. Sat round waiting for phone call this afternoon, nipped off for a bike ride late. Found an old clunker being tossed out, picked it up this evening on way to get pizza. It's rubbish, but will give me something to mess about with in the shed this weekend.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

I found this on Ebay for you. Only a fiver AND it will fit through the letterbox.

It might struggle a bit with our patch of jungle...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,615
    edited May 2020
    orraloon said:

Ar5e. Just started hailing here, puts the planned ride in doubt. Was supposed to stay dry until the afternoon. Could have got up and out earlier of course, but then would have got caught outside in it. Oh well, time for a plan B.

Plan B was take a gamble on a weather window and go for it. Quick 1 hour blast, dry roads, even a little bit of sun, been back 15 minutes and there's the rain back on again. I must have done something good...
  • step83
    orraloon said:

orraloon said:

Plan B was take a gamble on a weather window and go for it. Quick 1 hour blast, dry roads, even a little bit of sun, been back 15 minutes and there's the rain back on again. I must have done something good...
    Well dodged, having on off sharp showers here. Picked up a kids bike from a friend who needs it fixing, its brand new but needs cables re routing so they dont foul the wheel, brakes are rubbish an gears are out. If it stays dry tomorrow it might occur.

Also, builder rang me wants to pop round to have a look at the garage and chopping in the door an window at the back. Means I need to de crap the place. Handy the tips opening again on the 11th here!
  • Stevo_666
    step83 said:

orraloon said:

orraloon said:

Well dodged, having on off sharp showers here. Picked up a kids bike from a friend who needs it fixing, its brand new but needs cables re routing so they dont foul the wheel, brakes are rubbish an gears are out. If it stays dry tomorrow it might occur.

Also, builder rang me wants to pop round to have a look at the garage and chopping in the door an window at the back. Means I need to de censored the place. Handy the tips opening again on the 11th here!
    Still waiting for our council to get their arris in gear and open the tips, there's no reason why not as there's plenty of space in there. Otherwise we'll just keep chucking loads of stuff out for their binmen who are still working...
  • pinno
    Yep, I have a van load of old Porker metal.