Power meter

Can anybody give me advice on the best value power meter?

Comments

• ibr17xvii
    ibr17xvii Posts: 1,065
    Depends on your budget & whether you want single / dual sided / pedals etc etc.

I would head to GPLama on YouTube & go thropugh his videos. He knows his stuff.

https://youtube.com/user/gplama
  • nick1972
    nick1972 Posts: 144
    Many thanks. I’ll take a look
  • joe2019
    joe2019 Posts: 1,338
    edited April 2020
    Favero Assioma.

I've used Favero BePro's daily for 5 years in all weathers and they have worked flawlessly, no power drop-outs or spikes.

Plug in rechargeable battery with a long life, and a 4 hour warning of low battery warning which means that you'll probably never run out mid-ride.

I would like the Assioma's but I have no reason to upgrade.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Depends whether you want pedal based, spider based or hub based. As a Speedplay user, I opted for spider based. Never had a problem with my Power2max Type S.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • nick1972
    I’m a speedplay user too so will look at spider based one. Cheers
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,271
    I've had Stages Ultegra left crank for a couple of months now... used it almost every day... so far it has been flawless and the numbers are very reproducible and reliable. Battery is still going, I've probably done 60-70 hours on the bike.

Highly recommend it
    left the forum March 2023
  • wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 1,001
    I use a Power2max power meter. I would recommend them.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,266
    Have had power2max for a few years. Once fitted (I bought a new torque wrench to make sure I fitted it correctly), all I've done is replace the battery a couple of times, it's never once had any issues.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Best value is the favero assioma. Accurate and consistent, easy to fit and move between bikes, competitively priced and great quality.

Another good option is 4iiii. These are only left side (but that's more than enough for most riders), and are consistent and accurate. They also come with a 3 year warranty whereas most only offer 2 years (and warranty is very important with power meters - they have the highest failure rate of any cycling product/ component).
    Pro bike kit currently have a big sale on these.

Tbh there are loads of choices these days, suggest you read up on DCRainmakers reviews - https://www.dcrainmaker.com/product-reviews/power-meters
    and watch shane Miller videos (as suggested above).

My only other piece of advice, stay away from the powertap p1, and any shimano pm chainset.
  • fiverears
    fiverears Posts: 38
    Another vote for stages.
  • nick1972
    Thanks for the advice guys.
  • rwoofer
    rwoofer Posts: 222
    4iii has proven faultless for me.