monday your sins will be read to you ceaselessly ... throughout eternity, the list will never end

2»

Comments

• Right, last post on this but let me just explain for the hard of thinking, domestic house wiring ie the plugs in your house are 240v SINGLE phase.
    Not trolling as that is pointless but being told I was writing nonsense and was wrong required a response.
    You got one. End of.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    I'm out of popcorn anyway...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,690
    Ah remember the good old days when the administrator overlords permitted such things as the 'It's all kicking off in...' thread. I blame Brexit.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Stevo_666 said:

I have rum if you fancy sharing, bottle each?

Also, consumer panel layout will vary massively depending on the age of a property, so mine was redone in the 90's so my panel has four rings, upstairs light, upstairs sockets, downstairs lights, downstairs sockets.

Anyway day of not a lot cold an mainly grey meant to rain reset of the week so I lightly tilled the bone dry ground ready to help soften it so I can actually dig it.
    Had a surreal experience with a builder as we did a video call to look at doing some work. He asked for some detail photos but seems to think its doable an gave me an estimate but wants to come round at some point to do a proper quote.

Dog has been walked twice currently doing her best log impression until food appears. may try some pedalling outside if the rain holds off in the morning.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129

...End of.

The use of these two words in this way, especially in written English, is a sure fire marker of a simpleton. Stick to your spanners sparky.

Anyway, I thought you only came here to score "points" off MF to make yourself slightly tumescent. He's been gone ages.

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,690
    I think you guys need to get out more. Virtual handbags swinging ain't all that.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    edited April 2020
    orraloon said:

I think you guys need to get out more. Virtual handbags swinging ain't all that.

:D

Quite possibly.
  • Stevo_666
    step83 said:

Stevo_666 said:

It'd be rude not to, cheers Step. I'm kind of coming round to the idea of a virtual p1ss up. Thing is, you only have 40 minutes to get trolleyed if you use Zoom :smile:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    Stevo_666 said:

step83 said:

Stevo_666 said:

It'd be rude not to, cheers Step. I'm kind of coming round to the idea of a virtual p1ss up. Thing is, you only have 40 minutes to get trolleyed if you use Zoom :smile:
    FaceTime?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,325
    Stevo_666 said:

step83 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Mate who does clever stuff for computers uses Jitsi, at least I think that's the name. Seems to work alright and we usually do just over an hour on our Wednesday night virtual pub. He's a bit of an old hippy and likes that it's not a big corporation data harvesting.

Another busy day for me, had to go to the office and sort a few things. Good to get out for a bit.
    Why does a jobbing sparks need a degree? It really isn't rocket science.
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

step83 said:

Stevo_666 said:

FaceTime?
    No Apple gizmo here.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

step83 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Mate who does clever stuff for computers uses Jitsi, at least I think that's the name. Seems to work alright and we usually do just over an hour on our Wednesday night virtual pub. He's a bit of an old hippy and likes that it's not a big corporation data harvesting.

Another busy day for me, had to go to the office and sort a few things. Good to get out for a bit.
    Why does a jobbing sparks need a degree? It really isn't rocket science.
    Never heard of it. I've got that Microsoft teams thing on the PC though.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,552
    edited April 2020

Lol. Domestic houses are single phase.

your words

which are wrong, because some have three phase

there's plenty out there, from old installations for whatever reason, these days instantaneous water heaters, heat pumps, bigger properties, etc.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=domestic+three+phase+supply+uk

ever since your incorrect statement you've been trolling and trying to change your story

you were wrong, there's no doubt that you were wrong, everyone else can verify that you were wrong
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Stevo_666 said:

step83 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Drink along with Dallas, the oil barons ball episode last man standing wins, I'll take the bottle of overproof white rum I have 😂
  • Stevo_666
    edited April 2020
    step83 said:

Stevo_666 said:

step83 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Drink along with Dallas, the oil barons ball episode last man standing wins, I'll take the bottle of overproof white rum I have 😂
    I dread to think what would happen if tlw joined in :o