Road Tubeless tyres

I'm thinking of converting to running tubeless, i was going to get the gp5000 TL but havent heard great things about them, what are peoples recommendations for tubeless tyres ?

Comments

• joe_totale-2
    joe_totale-2 Posts: 1,333
    edited April 2020
    GP 5000 TL's are a tough tyre to get on the rim but once they're on they're the best tyres I've ever used, interested to hear what bad things you've heard. Super fast, loads of grip and good life. Only one puncture as well which sealed itself.

Hutchinson Fusion 5's are cheaper and also very easy to fit if you want an alternative.
  • yellowv2
    yellowv2 Posts: 282
    I have been using the IRC formula pro RBCC for two years on both summer and winter bikes I have had hardly any punctures that I know about and only one this winter which required a worm (which worked perfectly and very quick to use). They are also have very good grip and wear rate is excellent also very good in wet conditions.
    They are the only tubeless tyres I have used so can’t offer any comparison I’m afraid, I do have some Mavic Yksion Pro2 on some new Mavic wheels to try when I can eventually get out this summer!
  • bobones
    bobones Posts: 1,215
    I'd avoid the GP5000s: I found them impossible to mount on any of my rims. They were far too small and would be impossible to remove to fit a tube if the worst came to the worst.

I rate the Hutchinson Fusion 5 Performance and All Season very highly - generally easy to mount and good grip and wear. Pretty cheap too https://www.condorcycles.com/products/hutchinson-fusion-5-performance-tubeless-tyres?variant=12940716245075