Road bars with flat transition to hoods

Bought some new bars recently as I wanted ergo tops with a compact bend. I’m finding I am getting numb hands after only a short duration on the bike and think part of the problem is the transition from the top of the bars to the hoods is not level so my hands are almost sitting in a divot in the bars causing pressure on my hands. In short can anyone recommend a compact bar with ergo tops and a flat transition to the hoods? Help!

Comments

• me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    Can't you just move your levers further up to get the flat transition? Fill a small gap with an offcut of bar tape under your main wrap.
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    Just adjusted the shifter position thanks. Issue is now the reach has changed! Hey ho I’ll try it tomorrow and see how I get on as I don’t want to have to spend money if another set of bars really.
  • iso2000
    iso2000 Posts: 27
    bmxboy10 said:

Just adjusted the shifter position thanks. Issue is now the reach has changed! Hey ho I’ll try it tomorrow and see how I get on as I don’t want to have to spend money if another set of bars really.

If by reach you mean the distance between the bars and brake levers then modern levers can be adjusted for this with a turn of a screw. There will be youtube videos on this.