Rose X-Lite Six Disc Ultegra Di2 vs. Canyon Ultimate CF SL Disc Di2 Aero

tristan.bonn
tristan.bonn Posts: 8
edited April 2020 in Road buying advice
Hi everyone,

I just started cycling again around 6 months ago and fell absolutely in love with it again and now want to get myself a new and nice bike. The two bikes in consideration are the Rose and Canyon in the title.

Anyone any experiences with one of them? Which one would you experienced guys get?

A little bit about myself I am 178cm 85kg with a rather muscular build. I normally do tours from 60-100km. For the sizes I would probably go for a M with the canyon and a 57cm on the rose. I cycle quite mixed routes (sometimes hillier, sometimes flat) so no particular preference here.

The Canyon is pretty much out of the box but there is so much to configure on the Rose which gives me kind of a hard time. Something I am not really sure about are the wheels. Any experiences here with Roses own in house carbon wheels (RC Forty/ Fifty) versus the DT Swiss Arc 1400 on the Canyon?

Is it possible to say that one of them is generally a better bike? Or are there any other options in a similar price range I should consider?

I have been thinking it through a while and it is down to those two, but it is still a lot of money so I want to make a though through decision.

Appreciate everyone's help!

Best
Tristan

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,700
    I have an X-Lite 6, having come to the same choice between that and the Ultimate at the end of last year. I went for the Red AXS model. It's a great bike. The RC Forty/Fifty wheels are very good quality, with Newmen hubs, and setting them up tubeless was incredibly easy - They came taped already, but fitted with tubes. One of the reasons I went with the Rose was the ability to customise it to my spec, which saved me immediately having to swap out certain components, and the spec was better for a lower price than the equivalent Canyon.

I'm slightly taller than you and went for the 55cm frame, but I do prefer a racier position.
  • Thanks! I am also tending towards the rose at the moment, not sure what I would customize though as from my (limited knowledge) the pre-set specs from Rose are quite good, especially for someone like myself who cycles for fun and does not aim to have a bike for specific circumstances etc.

Thats pretty much why I would go for the 57cm frame as do not want a too racey position and also drive a 58cm Cube at the moment which works quite well for me and the long stem is somehow compensated by my enormously long arms

Thanks!
  • vortice
    vortice Posts: 244
    edited April 2020
    I’ve got both rim brake versions - tough to call between the two. If I had to choose I think I’d go Canyon though not sure why. I also have a BMC Teammachine and that trumps the other two!
  • alex222
    alex222 Posts: 598
    I bought a Rose X Lite 6 rim version early last year, and also have the previous generation Canyon Ultimate CF SL.
    For me the Rose offers better value, plus more importantly the customisation meant I could for the exact gear ratios, handlebar width and crank length that I wanted.
    Ultimately either bike will be great, so go for the one that you most like the look of.
  • teisetrotter
    teisetrotter Posts: 342
    Rose is very flexible. Just like Ribble or PlanetX, only a German company rather than a British one