CERO RC45s Carbon clinchers

Hi, anyone using or have used this wheelset.?
Asking as I’ve got the chance of a new set at a great price. They sound good with a decent review from Cycling weekly 2017.
Thanks

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    edited April 2020
    I don’t have this wheel set but a couple of the club members do , and they swear by them , one of them has 2 pairs
    Hope this helps
  • casatikid
    casatikid Posts: 229
    Lincolndave- cheers. It would be great if they could add their thoughts personally on here. 👍
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    I don’t think they are not members of this forum
  • casatikid
    casatikid Posts: 229
    Thanks anyway.👍
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Never tried a set but did look at them a while back. Seem to recall finding reports of flex and claims they were basically just the wheels you can buy from china but massively overpriced (similar comments to the countless threads on here about hunt wheels).

In the end it was enough to deter me and I didn't buy them.
  • jameses
    jameses Posts: 653
    I've been using a pair for the last few years on the summer bike. They're decent enough for what I paid (£600), never had any problems with flex and they handle well in crosswinds. I've been out on windy days with gusts upwards of 30mph and never had to deal with anything more than a little nudge on the front wheel. They look good on my bike as well B)

Braking in the dry (as you would expect from carbon rims) isn't brilliant, but neither is it terrible and I got used to it quite quickly. Never ridden them anywhere really mountainous, but I live in an area with some quite sharp descents that require heavy braking and not had any issues with heat build up, unlike a couple of my friends on Novatec rims. I've only been caught out in the rain a couple of times with them, wouldn't choose these wheels for wet rides but again, it was manageable.

Ultimately, yes they are just re-badged rims sourced from China (not that that's such an issue these days) with a bit of a mark up for import, UK warranty and (hopefully!) some QC, but still not a bad option if you're not willing to spend Zipp/Enve money.