Opinions needed

SaddleGuy
SaddleGuy Posts: 5
edited April 2020 in Road general
Testing the waters here: Interested to find out demand for a new saddle 'try before buy' service.

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,770
    Happy with my current saddles after many a trial and error so not for me now.
    Key question would be rental/trial cost.
    Notice that you have tried this a few times in different ways.
    Good luck!
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pblakeney said:

Happy with my current saddles after many a trial and error so not for me now.
    Key question would be rental/trial cost.
    Notice that you have tried this a few times in different ways.
    Good luck!

Thanks! Rental costs anywhere from £10-30 for a month, then deducted against cost of purchase.
    Yes, have tried this a few ways to figure out if any interest. Seeing how this poll goes.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,770
    I would have been interested but unfortunately for you, too late.
    Not worth much to you but I think post whateverthiis you may be on to something.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Can't see it working I'm afraid as there are several manufacturers who offer free saddle swaps within a 30 day period (eg specialized).

Additionally, with new manufacturing techniques (3d printing), companies are now starting to offer tailor made saddles per your rears shape.
  • redvision said:

Can't see it working I'm afraid as there are several manufacturers who offer free saddle swaps within a 30 day period (eg specialized).

Additionally, with new manufacturing techniques (3d printing), companies are now starting to offer tailor made saddles per your rears shape.

Problem with the free saddle swaps is that it often has to be within the same brand or store credit and also does not come with professional bike fitter advice. Not every brand has a suitable saddle, and not every store can stock all brands and types. Thanks!
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,844
    I've had 4 road bikes and several MTBs all with different saddles and I've not had a problem with the saddle on any.

I guess I am just a lucky bum ;-)