Ultegra legacy parts

Hi,

First time I've posted here fore a very long time....

So I'm needing a rear mech for a ultegra 6700 10sp. To my horror they seem like hens teeth on the net. I assume that this is unlikely to change as this is years old now.

My options therefore are 1) Upgrade whole groupset to more recent 11sp 6800/R8000.
2) Settle for a 5700 105 rear mech which are almost as rare but still available last time I looked.
3) Buy a completely new bike (Currently got a 2014 Canyon CF Ultimate).

Don't really want to go the 2nd hand route in case anyone suggests that, as that's whats got me here.

Any good options I'm missing?

TIA

Neil

Comments

• First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,646
    Do something whacky like get a campag or SRAM part and use a shift mate? They might even do a 10/11 so c9nversion, not looked lately.

Tiagra or 105 combined with some stupidly expensive after market jockey wheels?

Microshift. Literally no one else will have one.
  • lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    Any 9 speed Shimano mountain bike rear mech has the same pull ratio and can be used. You still get 10 gears. Fit one ,sell the bike and buy a new bike. That sounds the best plan to me.
  • If you don't mind going down a few rungs on the component tier, a Sora R3000 rear derailleur will work fine and can easily be bought new.
  • muzzan
    muzzan Posts: 203
    Thanks for the replies. I'll probably go the 105 route. One thing that puzzled me is the reference above to after market jockey wheels for 105 compatibility? I thought that 105 & Ultegra were interchangeable (if the same generation)?