Praxis Alba chainset - idiotic, possibly embarrassing, question

redvision
redvision Posts: 2,958
Sorry if this is a dumb question!

I'm wanting to change the chainset on my training bike and was looking last night at what tools I may need. To my eyes it seems that you remove the chainset by using a basic cassette tool. Just wondering if anyone can confirm this is the case and whether it's as simple as it seems to remove it?
Haven't been able to find any YouTube videos for the actual crank removal, only the praxis bb.

Thanks

Comments

• First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,646
    Cassette tool?

You may need one BB tool to get whatever you have off the bike and another to install the praxis one.

Praxis use their own standard and you need to order separately, but the tool is at least cheap. Just make sure you have a spanner large enough to turn it.

Other than that, all you need is an Allen key.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958

Cassette tool?

You may need one BB tool to get whatever you have off the bike and another to install the praxis one.

Praxis use their own standard and you need to order separately, but the tool is at least cheap. Just make sure you have a spanner large enough to turn it.

Other than that, all you need is an Allen key.

Yep, there are no bolts on the drive side, and the one on the nds just says cassette tool - and a cassette tool fits perfectly.

Not seen this with other chainsets which it's why I'm double checking.

Think I will just give it a go...
  • jednorukybiker
    jednorukybiker Posts: 2
    edited April 2020
    redvision said:

Think I will just give it a go...

I have pretty much the same idiotic question, how did it go?