3D Printers

Any 3D printing hobbyists out there up for fabricating a small part- namely a quad lock plate for a phone?

Had a few quotes online, and many quoting £10-15. Dunno, happy to be corrected, but seems a bit steep for a very small item.

Got the print file, just needs to find a printer...

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,575
    I'd have thought that there were more pressing needs for 3D printers these days.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • No doubt, hence why I've not bothered bothering the very local printer owners around here, as they're all too busy posting on social media how they're busy saving the world.

So....thought I'd keep the request within the realms of the (generally), self-centred cycling community in the off-chance that someone has the appropriate printing medium and resources to carry-out the task....

There's more pressing needs for a lot of things these days, including going out on your bike, hence I'm 100% turbo for the foreseeable. Hence the quest for a bit of plastic to hold my phone to make Companion app' easier to use.
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Doesn’t seem a bad price for something custom made, a standard Garmin mount costs about £6/£7 depending where you get one.
  • Doesn’t seem a bad price for something custom made, a standard Garmin mount costs about £6/£7 depending where you get one.

I've got the STEP file already- just after someone to print it, not design it.

Got an old Garmin mount I'll use for the turbo hag, so it's just this "male", part I need to superglue to the back of an old Pixel case I have.
  • Scrap it- found suitable nubbin on eBay for cpl quid...