Gary Fisher 2007 replacement crank set

Hi - bought an older HiFi Deluxe and the crank needs replaced (along with other things) Can anybody recommend a product?

Comments

• david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313
    edited April 2020
    ahhh quality from a time of skinnier tyres. by this point doesnt everything need replacing? I would be tempted to shop on ebay and make it as retro accurate as possible.

Do you find the whole thing more fun / challenging to ride the tech stuff than a modern bike? I'm no technical whizz the older bikes just seem less forgiving.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    2007 isn't retro!
    Original crankset was GXP and through axle
    https://archive.trekbikes.com/nz/en/2007/fisher/Hi_Fi_Deluxe_GS#/nz/en/2007/fisher/Hi_Fi_Deluxe_GS/details
    I'd suggest a Shimano Alivio with matching BB
    https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/shimano-fc-t4060-alivio-2-piece-chainset/rp-prod162763
    Or maybe get a good used off ebay, say an XT.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,446
    @gerry16
    I have pretty much a complete Sram X9 2x10 set up ready to go. I took it off my YT Capra to convert to 1x12. The kit has only done 512 miles, all clean, all working.

# Raceface Turbine crankset 36t/22t it will require a BB30 bottom bracket. The crank arm length is 170mm. The chainset is fitted with a Blackspire Defender.
    # Sram X9 2x front shifter, with cable.
    # Sram X9 10-speed shifter, with cable.
    # SRAM X9 2-speed front mech, high direct mount.
    # SRAM X9 type 2.1 10-speed, rear mech.
    # E13 freehub suitable for a 12mm through axle.
    # Sram PC1030 10-speed chain.

Note: Some of these bits may not fit your bike (maybe the freehub).
    But I'm selling as one lot £50 + postage.
    eBay what you don't need.

That is an absolute BARGAIN, but it's cluttering up the garage and her indoors is coming over all Zen like and wants everything uncluttered. Happy wife, happy life! :)
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Rip his hand off, if you don't, I will!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,446
    I'm not fussy, I will sell to anyone. First come first served. :)