thursday it's been a long time since i did the stroll

'ning

ride, webex, attempt a complicate thing remotely so i can save a trip to the lab through plague filled streets
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, new trainer is ace, besides that same ole same
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    Today is different to yesterday, but only later as I may use the fun bike rather than road bike after work
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    I'm still standing yeah yeah yeah.

Long day yesterday. Today I should be able to get on with my regular stuff rather thn writing exceptional regulations and closing the blackholes in the SMT concepts. Middle mangement sucks.

Otherwise all healthy and happy. Rode the bike for 10km yesterday, just blasted it. still never seen so many people out running/walking/cycling before except maybe boxing day. Hill was empty on the hounds 8am walk, she wasn't happy with the late start though.

Stay well everyone
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,687
    Been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time, yes it has.

Should probably stir soon. Get an hour or so ride in, seem still to have sunlight. Then not much else bar pottering about.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,504
    Another day in the box but will get out later to walk the hounds and maybe do some weights after I've finished work. Slightly less manic now we're just into the new financial year, but that will change soon when year end number torturing and theraputic auditor abuse is required.

Thought for the day: WTF to do in the Easter 'Holiday'?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    Got a day off today. It was meant to be Monday but I shifted it for a client, who also needed me available for assistance yesterday. They rearranged yesterday's meeting for today so they're on their own, screw em.

This 4 day week thing seems ok so far. Managed to get out for a run, can hardly walk now but enjoyed it.
    Hopefully I'll be fit enough for some bike riding next week.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    Stevo_666 said:

Cancelled cottage booked in Cornwall and now working next week. Wife has booked the week after off to have a break from work.

Easter will be eating a few chocolates, some jobs, drinking and a few bike rides
    - basically the same as every other day
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,504
    tlw1 said:

Stevo_666 said:

Cancelled cottage booked in Cornwall and now working next week. Wife has booked the week after off to have a break from work.

Easter will be eating a few chocolates, some jobs, drinking and a few bike rides
    - basically the same as every other day
    That's the thing - I was looking for a bit of variety and was running short on ideas. I might even dust the one of the bikes off if the weather is OK.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Dodged the showers early for dog walk, then coffee.

Visited Mum to install the bluetooth dongle in the sound system so she can use her iPad to stream music. The alternative was I visit every few days and re-tune the old cr@p radio she uses because it drifts off station lock.

Shopping in the post-apocalypse supermarket which was almost fully stocked. Nearly managed to hold my breath for the 27 minutes we were in there...

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,687
    Breezy but pleasant (exercise) ride. Very little traffic about, and I may be overthinking this but get impression what traffic there is is being much more considerate than the norm, drivers prepared to wait to get round a corner, over brow of hill, wide passes etc. If only that were to be a lasting effect.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,346
    orraloon said:

....what traffic there is is being much more considerate than the norm....wide passes etc...

They think you got lurgy.

...re-tune the old cr@p radio...

Failing capacitors.

Me did sod all me. Dodgy wevver innit. Breezy, wet and chilly.

Though had some fun with Shorty's lessons. Also got some card, cut a disc, mounted it on a Lego motor and made pretty patterns with felt tips. She loved that.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!