Garmin 520 navigation/data screens????

I normally have my 520 set to show ride data - speed, distance, time etc. I like to know all of that.
I know I can follow a route on the screen, and know how to get one to show up.
What I can't work out is how to set the unit up so that I can easily toggle between the route screen and the data screen. There must be a way, but the manual is worse than useless and the FAQ page on Garmin site only answers the questions they want us to ask.

Does anyone know how to set the unit up so that I can easily move between the two screen displays? I want to do this on the move, so a one button operation is preferable. At present I can only have one or the other so either I'm missing something (quite possible) or it can't be done (quite probable).

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,776
    Bottom left hand buttons.
    Top scrolls up through screens, bottom scrolls down through screens.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Thanks. I'm sure I tried that and couldn't get data to start recording, but I'll have another go tomorrow.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,776
    Start as per normal and toggle on the move as you wish.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Yes, thanks. I've just tried it again sat here at my desk and it seems to be working as you say.
    I'm beginning to suspect it's another case of use erroR!
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    I had a few issues with my 520 guidance function (seemingly) not working when I first bought it. Turns out, when you are following a route, you press the "enter" button to start your ride and not the "start/stop" button. Pressing the "start/stop" button records the ride as normal but does not follow the guidance. Took me a few rides to suss this out as the instructions were very poor. This was about 3 years ago, may have improved by now. Once it is all working then, as above, the up/down buttons should scroll through your screens in a loop. Some of the screens are user-definable in terms of data fields but others are fixed.
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"