Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, raining at the mo, getting fed up stuck in quarantine
    Have a good week
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Apart from WFH and searching for provisions today is undecided.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Hounds walked in the (private) woods, so I can still get out for exercise later.

WFH and trying not to drink later is the order of the day
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, looks like the weather has taken a temperature downgrade this week but hopefully I'll still get out on the bike every day. Aside from the lake of interaction I'm quite enjoying WFH as I don't spend any time commuting, more time for bikes.

In sad news the OH's granddad passed away last night on his 90th birthday, they called 111 on Saturday as he had CV symptoms, he felt fine yesterday morning, then it came back in the evening. He was obviously old but still healthy, independent and active. They are all glad he went to stay with family a week ago so he wasn't alone, they had all been isolating since Feb to take him in but he didn't...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    RIP, condolences to you and the family Hayden.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Another day in 'the box' doing work. Year end is nearly on us and some idiot has decided that this is also a good time to do a company acquisition somewhere in Europe. May need to find some problems with it and slow it down...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • haydenm
    Cheers guys, the OH is fairly pragmatic about it now the shock has worn off. Will be odd not having a funeral (probably), it'll be strange catching up with everyone once all this blows over!
  • Longshot
    Longshot Posts: 940
    Condolences to you and yours Hayden. Very sad.

On other fronts, nada. SSDD.
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • haydenm
    To brighten my day, the Labrador decided to climb along the back of the sofa while I was talking in a video call earlier, wondered why everyone was laughing and then he collapsed onto my shoulders... Tw4t dog.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Sad news Hayden.

Mixed day of stuff round here. Really need to get the mower out and give the paddock a haircut, but CBA at the moment.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Sad news Hayden. Like the hounds mentallity.

On my front another coffee fueled day, ride Zwift at 5pm. Work between it all. The Date walked the hound on the hill/woods outside our house, still found plenty of morons dressed for a day out hike. Sort of lanscape you can take to in converses in the summer or wellies in the winter and near impossible to get lost on.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Condolances Hayden.

WFH along with the rest of the country and just rescued a bird out of the log burned flue. Cat brought attention to it by sitting on the stove. Good job really as that would have made one hell of a smell.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Condolences HM.

No obvious point to posting in that light.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    Sorry to hear about the OH's granddad Hayden.
    Mr flibble stood in for me during this morning's video call.

Apparently it's approx 2 minutes to get to the checkout from where I currently am.
  • thistle_
    Also loving all the people doing their shopping in Tesco with FP3 face masks with big gaps all around them.
  • Stevo_666

Also loving all the people doing their shopping in Tesco with FP3 face masks with big gaps all around them.

Given what your average Tesco customer looks like, those masks could be a very good idea.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921

Condolences Hayden. I fear we may have to start a condolence thread.

Thistle, how about them with a scarf around their faces like Hannibal Hayes and Kid Curry? Don't know if they have popped in for bog roll or to hold the place up.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Shoot news HM
  • thistle_

Condolences Hayden. I fear we may have to start a condolence thread.

Thistle, how about them with a scarf around their faces like Hannibal Hayes and Kid Curry? Don't know if they have popped in for bog roll or to hold the place up.
    I did feel like I was going to get mugged walking home with a 9 pack of bog roll under my arm.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Sad news and sympathies Hayden.

Got my 'exercise' bike ride in, the 1 hour special, ok Mr Pedantic 64 minutes. Still rather cold and blustery wind but nice assist on the return leg.

Now to pottering and general piddling about for the rest of the day.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Sad news Hayden.

I'll forego the standard bollox.