2»

Comments

• carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,599
    Have the UCI rang Dave B to discuss private rider motor homes yet? :D
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    Anyone know if this has been dropped yet? Surely the latest infection/fatality rates across Europe suggest this is never going to happen?
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    I'd be more than happy for cricket to go behind closed doors. And also don't bother filming it. Zzzz.
  • john80
    john80 Posts: 2,965
    This is just fancyful. What are the police going to do when the crowd are not followimg social distancing rules. Get out the riot police and arrest everyone.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,773
    All other events over the summer have been cancelled. A major event requiring hundreds, if not thousands, of people to travel a country is not just fanciful, it is a pipe dream. And I'd like to know what is in the pipe? 🤣
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • david37
    david37 Posts: 1,313
    that movistar program is hilarious. well worth watching if you have netflix
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,154
    Proposed dates for Grand Tours according to Gazzetta:

Tour de France: 25 July - 16 August
    Vuelta: 22 August - 5 September (2 weeks)
    Giro 3-25 October
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • fenix
    How do they do that ? Just from a logistics point of view - are they cancelling peoples hotel bookings to make way for the Tour ? Whole thing sounds like a nightmare whatever they do.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,247
    I think there'll be plenty of hotel vacancies.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    fenix said:

How do they do that ? Just from a logistics point of view - are they cancelling peoples hotel bookings to make way for the Tour ? Whole thing sounds like a nightmare whatever they do.

Huh? You seem intent on knocking back every proposal.
    Now they delay the Tour by a month and you worry about people losing their hotel bookings?
    Last week you were complaining that hotels would have to open up.
    fenix said:

The French are incredibly hot on the lockdown. I don't see how sports can break ranks at all ?

Just look at how many people ITV send over to the tour - must be 20 or so ? I'm sure other countries are similar.

And a dozen hotels for each stage is what 240 hotels over the Tour ?
    With maybe 50 people working each hotel ? The numbers soon add up.

"Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,773
    RichN95. said:

Giro 3-25 October

Going over the high peaks at the end of October is going to be “interesting”.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,154
    edited April 2020
    pblakeney said:

RichN95. said:

Giro 3-25 October

Going over the high peaks at the end of October is going to be “interesting”.

No more interesting than May. Probably less interesting as there won't be snow walls.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • fenix

fenix said:

Now they delay the Tour by a month and you worry about people losing their hotel bookings?
    fenix said:

The French are incredibly hot on the lockdown. I don't see how sports can break ranks at all ?

Just look at how many people ITV send over to the tour - must be 20 or so ? I'm sure other countries are similar.

Chillax dude.

Whatever they do will be tricky to pull off. Despite anyone on a forum saying it will be easy.

I get that you love the Tour - most of us do but some things are bigger and more serious than sport.
  • blazing_saddles
    fenix said:

fenix said:

fenix said:

Chillax dude.

Whatever they do will be tricky to pull off. Despite anyone on a forum saying it will be easy.

I get that you love the Tour - most of us do but some things are bigger and more serious than sport.
    Yup.
    Apparently being a French hotel manager for one.

• blazing_saddles
    RichN95. said:

Giro 3-25 October

Prudhomme says no to a behind closed door tour but gives some substance to the Gazzetta rumour.

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/christian-prudhomme-we-wont-hold-the-tour-de-france-behind-closed-doors/

Prudhomme added that he and his ASO colleagues were currently discussing the possibility of the race being held at a later date, with rumours circulating that it could be in later July or August now that the Olympic Games have been cancelled.

Meanwhile, a former French sports minister likens a July Tour to an African genocide.

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/racing-the-tour-de-france-in-july-would-be-madness-says-former-french-sports-minister/